My cat died yesterday

guilliano
guilliano Posts: 5,495
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
He's now buried in my garden where he used to lie in the sun, next to the pond.

RIP Max :(

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Condolences.

Cats are brilliant.
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    sorry to hear :(
  • Let's hope he's now gone to join the other cats in Purrvana....
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    If he has the bugger will be stealing their food!!!
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Big hugs to you, feel your pain.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Gutted for you. I have 4 cats and would be devastated if anything happened to any of them. :cry:
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    sorry to hear the sad news. :(
    although if max goes for my garfields food, there will be trouble. he used to scare next doors dog, he was a bruiser!
  • Mate, I dont normally post on here but this is a bit different. My sympathies. Nothing worse than losing your mog.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Sorry Dude..

My Dad was staying with us a few weeks ago, and his cat got into our field.
    He sat there for about 6hrs waiting for it! He's 78, not the cat...

Luckily Kizzy came in again. Old man was over the moon.
  • zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    We had a cat off a friend, as they didn't want it anymore. It died within 6 months! We then had another cat from another friend and that too died within 6 months! :shock:

We now have a dog. She's 4 yrs and doing fine. We are "dog people." :)
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Sorry to hear about your cat. It's horrible when a family pet dies.

Invariably it ends up being Hubby/dads job to do the burial duties,not nice.

I cried like a baby when our very old family rabbit died.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Sorry for your loss. Our cat died 6 months ago and the place hasn't been the same since.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    When i was married we had a cat, fo course when we got divorced my Ex took the cat with her. It,s fair to say i missed the cat a lot more than i missed my Ex.Unfortunately he also passed away about 18 Months ago. :cry:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • brakelever
    brakelever Posts: 158
    know what you are going thru , lost our pedigree british shorthair on new years eve morning only eight years old , house seems so empty . trouble is you become so fond of them , like members of the family , mind you thats what they are ! been looking at bsh sites so might get another in the spring .
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Sorry to hear about your cat, our lives our touched by our fury friends, I know my boxer means a lot to me and not sure how I will cope when he goes, but life has to go on, enjoy the memories and time will help you move on from the pain.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    When you're ready I would recommend getting another kitty. The animal shelters are over flowing, and with Spring coming yet more are incoming. Try and get an older cat, the young ones are cute but the older ones tend to be overlooked and stay in the shelter for months. One I have is 15 years old now and still plays like a kitten, yet I know full well she's in her twilight years. She's afforded every liberty, sleeping up the blankets at night with me and having access to every part of the house that's suitable for her.
  • clarkie28
    clarkie28 Posts: 134
    So sorry to hear the bad news. They are part of the family arent they!

I couldnt imagine being without our Archie! :cry:
  • wastelander
    wastelander Posts: 557
    Sorry to read of your loss. Although I still have two cats I lost the third in 2004 - Bubz was too ill to be treated so I did the humane thing and I cried like a baby holding him for the last time during his final moments - full on roaring, snot bubbles, the lot (and I'm feeling tearful remembering this 6 years later!)

Take some time out...and return to cat ownership when you're ready. As others have said, the rescue shelters are full of older cats with wonderful personalities.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Sorry to hear that :cry: Don't know what I'd do without my 2.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    My sympathies.
    PS
    I must say that iIm glad to see that nobody made any cat related jokes, that would have been in very paw taste.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Dude, I'm sorry to hear you lost Max. We lost Smokey today, the last of our three cats. He was a good age at 19. Hope you have lots of memories of him,