Marzocchi ETA setting

bannedbiker
bannedbiker Posts: 382
edited March 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
I've had a look through the FAQ's and cant find this. I haven't got a manual for my forks and my work computer wont let me open the manual from the Marz website. :cry:

Can someone just confirm the correct procedure for setting the ETA on Marzocchi forks?
I assume they're all the same, my forks are 2006 AM1's. :wink:

Cheers
Giant Reign - now sold :-(
Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
DH8 - New toy :-)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    on or off. that is it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bannedbiker
    Oh! I was under the impression you had to de-pressureise the fork to adjust it?! :roll: (maybe that's where I've been going wrong... :wink: )
  • nicklouse
    nope if you want to use it turn it on and the fork will have 30mm of travel

on movements greater than 30mm it will reduce the travel. but still move 30mm.

if you want a really short fork compress it right down to 30mm and it will move in the 30mm range. (climbing use only) turn off and the fork pops back to full travel.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • bannedbiker
    Oh crap, I meant the TAS, not the ETA! :oops: :oops: Sorry!! :oops: (maybe thats why I couldn't find anything in the FAQ's!)
  • nicklouse
    well the TAS is just like the ETA except that on the bottom of the fork you can adjust the total fork length and travel by 20mm

are you sure you did not mean TST?
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    :lol: Too many acronyms!!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bannedbiker
    ilovedirt wrote:
    :lol: Too many acronyms!!

True!
  • bannedbiker
    nicklouse wrote:
    well the TAS is just like the ETA except that on the bottom of the fork you can adjust the total fork length and travel by 20mm

are you sure you did not mean TST?

Yeah, the TAS is what I meant! Although my fork does have TST.
    I was told by the guy that I bought the forks from that I had to release the pressure in the positive (only) chamber before adjusting the TAS.
    I've never actually adjusted it (in 3 years!) but I want to now, thats why I thought I'd ask you guys the proper way to do it first! :wink: