gert_lush
gert_lush Posts: 634
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
FCN 8 mainly
FCN 4 sometimes

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Not the best, complete sympatht for family and friends. Some of the ones on my commute are shocking.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • bikermaze
    bikermaze Posts: 23
    edited April 2010
    Condolences to the family and friends of this unfortunate cyclist. A lot of criticism and raised eyebrows to the people in charge of the roads of the community. What were they thinking leaving a hole unfilled like that? They could have done better than this, right?
  • bikermaze
    bikermaze Posts: 23
    Double post. Sorry.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    That's exactly that reason I hate cycling down the main road. The potholes aren't that deep as they've recently been filled in but they cover half the lane right before a blind bend :(
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,471
    This is very unfortunate and sad, my sympathies go out to the family. However when it comes to potholes in a rural county the size of Wiltshire it is impossible to fill them all immediately and unless it had been reported the highway authority may not have even been aware of its existence. These things can often open up over night in poor weather and the budgets for repairs fall well short of what is required. Hopefully some good will come of this and repairing potholes will be made more of a financial priority with local councils.