Glucosamine, did it help you?

stonehouse
stonehouse Posts: 222
I used to take a fairly high dosage of Glucosamine (due to knee issues), but to be honest I really couldn't detect any improvement, so as it's expensive I stopped.

I've read about it's benefits as a training aide from the repair perspective, and wonder if anyone on here can actually say hand on heart that the have felt benefit from taking it?

Comments

• e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    After been diagnosed with arthritis in my knee 4 years ago I have started riding my bike again, I've lost about 3 stone and I've been taking Glucosamine. The pain and mobility of my knee has improved but which one of the three or combination of all three has been responsible for the improvement I don't Know.
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    No to Glucosamine.

Yes to Cod Liver Oil (which wasn't on the poll)
  • markshaw77
    markshaw77 Posts: 437
    A big yes for me!!

Multiple meniscal (cartilage) repairs for me over the years and my knees have been much much better since taking glucosamine/chondroitin on a daily basis
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I would say yes also but initially I did not notice, until I stopped using it !! Then had to start taking it again but it semed to take a while.
    I donot use it now I have stopped playing squash and taken up cycling.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I only notice when my knees start clicking again and then I think Sh1te! Forgotten to take it for a couple of days.
  • Worked great for me, and my dad :-) I take it for my back; when I forget to take it for a week or two the pain usually comes back. Couldn't recommend it highly enough!