My first Enigma....

bigpikle
bigpikle Posts: 1,690
edited March 2010 in Your road bikes
...and hopefully not my last 8)

Its THE beautiful Ethos used for the C+ 'Bike of the Year' test this issue. Now its mine, all mine!

Columbus Life fillet-brazed frame
Etape full-carbon fork
Campagnolo Centaur 10-speed groupset
Ambrosio handbuilt wheels
SKS mudguards
Continental Ultra Gatorskin tyres
Enigma Finish Kit - stem, bars, tape
Adamo Road saddle
Speedplay pedals

These pics when I first got home and before adding the final touches. First 60 mile sportive tomorrow...

ethos5.jpg

ethos4.jpg

ethos3.jpg

ethos2.jpg

ethos1.jpg

I test rode a 953 framed bike which will hopefully be my next ride sometime in future, as its an absolute scream. I've never ridden anything that just makes you want to ride so fast :twisted: I also rode a ti frame but it really didnt press my buttons - its stell all the way for me from now on...

I should also add that Jim, Mark and the team are great guys to deal with and happily spent several hours setting up bikes for me to ride. If anyone is interested in a bike from them then go and see them. It was well worth a 250 mile round trip.
Your Past is Not Your Potential...

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Like.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Touch of class there.Enigma do produce some lovely steel bicycles 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    thanks guys - first ride was a 60 mile sportive yesterday, and it was fun. Just need a few tweaks to the setup and decided to try a Brooks Swift ti on it as my Adamo looks sooooo wrong :lol: Going for the long term on this machine so hopefull I'll break in and get comfortable with it....
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...