Am i drinking enough.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
Am scheduled to do a few sportieves here in the Netherlands in the next few months. First ride is a 150Kms over fairly flat terrein. The last time i did this i took 2x750Ml bottles and filled them once during the ride so thats exactly 3Litres for the ride. I weigh 84Kgs and ride 34Km/h average speed. When i do look at what other forum members take on their rides i feel that maybe i am drinking to little am i right? It,s quite normal for me to ride home from work 16Kms, change my clothing and go out and do between 40 and 60 Kms and not take anything at all to drink unless its very warm. Again i feel fine but looking at what members on the forum take with them on their ride i feel that i must take something with me on the ride. i always drink plenty after my ride and suffer no ill effects.What do you think.?
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I'd say that, as you've suffered no ill affects, using these tactics, then they appear to be right for you...
    Everyone is different.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    hopper1 wrote:
    I'd say that, as you've suffered no ill affects, using these tactics, then they appear to be right for you...
    Everyone is different.
    +1
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Take it from someone who used to ride like that and drink very little. One day - it may come back and bite you in the arse.

Especially the not drinking anything on your communte and post-work training ride. Might be a good idea to drink more during those rides - and not just wait until afterwards.

You say you have suffered no ill effects- but you might perform better if you were 'properly' hydrated.

For me - I always felt fine taking on little or no fluids - until the day I went into full-blown dehydration and almost ended up in hospital. It builds up over time.

~For many people - drinking during rides is something you have to force yourself to do.

Good luck!