Snow!.......It's Easter FFS

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Tuesday promises 40 mph winds and very heavy snow

Where's my global warming?

Eh?

*goes to buy patio heater
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Tuesday promises 40 mph winds and very heavy snow

Where's my global warming?

Eh?

*goes to buy patio heater

:lol::lol:

*gets popcorn and hard hat...

Incoming!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Where do you live W McC :?: Forecast for round here says 10c by mid morning....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tailwindhome
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/portrush

Portrush NI

The BBC are promising something a bit milder

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... a=Portrush

To be fair, when you guys had heavy snow in Dec & Jan we had very little.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    As my Mother keeps saying "In like a lamb, out like a lion".
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    That explains a fair bit then...it's a long way from the sub-tropical paradise of SE London.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Statistically, I know, I know, you are more likely to get snow at Easter than at Christmas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8591688.stm

Great, I've just damaged my finger - now, now - and won't be able to ride at least this week.
    There that's my excuse set up, but may use trainer for the first time this year just to keep things ticking over.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Normally snow on Snowdon til May, still some there today.
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Splottboy wrote:
    Normally snow on Snowdon til May, still some there today.

Was snowing when I left Bishopbriggs this morning. Not lying at my level but the hills were white (Ochils & Touch)... down to about 500m I reckon.

Cheers,
    W.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Snow free i Central Glasgow, but I se the top of the Campsies covered in snow.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Snow free in Lanarkshire as well but it's not scheduled to snow until later on.
  • tailwindhome
    XC weather have obv noted my displeasure and ammended the heavy snow to heavy rain

Still 40mph winds though
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Ah, lovely tropical Portrush, where I spent every summer holiday for the first 10+ years of my life, before my parents ventured "overseas" i.e. we went to Scotland instead.
    I remember thinking it was perfectly normal that I should be blue with cold after swimming :lol:
    Misguided Idealist
  • Ah, lovely tropical Portrush

Currently 6.7 degrees and dropping, wind picking up nicely, and hopefully staying in the same direction for my early morning commute, in the snow it would seem, coming home again though will be unpleasant!
    I LOVE THE SMELL OF GT85 IN THE MORNING!