Hog Hill 20th March 3rd/4th Cat

reubenae
reubenae Posts: 2
edited March 2010 in Amateur race
Tough race today, and wet too! Congrats to those who stuck it out and the eventual winner.

My apologies for starting a new thread just for this, but i'm trying to get my Gilet back - I gave it to a friend at the start and told him to put it in my grey campag wheel bags, but it seems hes put them in the wrong ones. If anyone finds it can they please let me know ( reubenae@gmail.com ) so I can pick it up off of them. Its a black Gore one.

Thanks, and sorry if this is posted in the wrong section! Feel free to move it mods :oops:

Reuben

Comments

• incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    I'm afraid I've got no information on the gilet...

What was the racing like though? I'm weighing up 3/4ths at hog hill vs 2/3/4 at hillingdon next week. I've never done Hog Hill before so quite fancy trying something new. Was it a busy race? Does the hill tend to break the group up a bit?
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    Not sure if you went to Hog Hill incog24 but if you didn't then go. Great circuit, wider and safer than Hillingdon and in the 4th Cat race the hill usually breaks the bunch up nicely.

I've always liked Hillingdon but you get far too many riders still in the mix at the sprint since weaker riders can just sit in all race. By the end of Hog Hill you'll know if you're in it or not.
  • incog24
    Sounds good, I'll be there this week :).
  • Si C
    Si C Posts: 130
    With the amount of rain we had yesterday, the track is likely to be covered in small flints again...so winter tyres are a must.
  • incog24
    That sounds great...Hillingdon sounds slightly more appealing than puncturing!

Is it actually going to be that bad? I was going to race on tubs but I'm not sure I want to risk it if there's that much of a chance of puncturing...
  • Si C
    I have a choice of 50mm carbon tubs, or Ksyriums with winter tyres...I would prefer to run the tubs, but the last race I did in the wet people were puncturing all over the place.
  • incog24
    The forecast is ok, so maybe it'll be alright? We'll see...I think I'll go with the RS80s and stelvios instead of tubs...
  • incog24
    Good race today in the thirds, until I punctured with 4 to go...Sorry to anyone I forced off there line as I got the puncture, I was having a hard time keeping the back wheel behind the front, it was probably the worst place to get a puncture on the whole course! Good course though, I'll be coming again I think.
  • Si C
    incog24 wrote:
    Good race today in the thirds, until I punctured with 4 to go...Sorry to anyone I forced off there line as I got the puncture, I was having a hard time keeping the back wheel behind the front, it was probably the worst place to get a puncture on the whole course! Good course though, I'll be coming again I think.

I did say :wink:

Just outside the points in 11th in the 4ths for me...good race though!
  • incog24
    Haha I know, although I think I was slightly unlucky to be the only person (that I noticed) to get a puncture! The fourths was quite good to watch, the field just getting whittled down progressively through the race.