OT: Passive drinking

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
In this threadI said, "First they came for the smokers ..." in relation to smoking bans.

With impecable timing, I give you Passive drinking: a concept whose time has come
... It should be a consolidated rationale for action and be the basis of a national campaign. Passive drinking kills, ends Donaldson – “England is drinking far too mych. Engand has an alcohol problem. ...

Discuss ...
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Haven't got time - I'm off to the pub to get pi55ed in the minute.
  • Crapaud
    Porgy wrote:
    Watch out for the passive vomit - you could slip and break your neck!

:D
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Crapaud wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Watch out for the passive vomit - you could slip and break your neck!

:D

I'd ban passive vomit! :evil:
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    This isn't a "drinking in the workplace" ban, whats it got to do with banning smoking in the workplace?
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 21
    WTF are they on about. That's so badly written its untrue! Theres so little real information in it that its completely worthless.
    The average intake per adult is equivalent to 120 bottles of wine.
    what, per day? Timescales.............
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    So how does this work - do you breath in other peoples alcohol fumes or what ?
  • Crapaud
    Follow the links. :roll:
    ...The consequences of passive drinking includes harm to the unborn fetus, acts of drunken violence, vandalism, sexual assault and child abuse, and a huge burden both socially and economically by the society and formost for the friends and family who care for those damaged by alcohol. ...
  • Crapaud wrote:
    Follow the links. :roll:
    ...The consequences of passive drinking includes harm to the unborn fetus, acts of drunken violence, vandalism, sexual assault and child abuse, and a huge burden both socially and economically by the society and formost for the friends and family who care for those damaged by alcohol. ...

But that wouldn't be passive drinking. That would be very active drinking!
  • Crapaud wrote:
    In this threadI said, "First they came for the smokers ..." in relation to smoking bans.

With impecable timing, I give you Passive drinking: a concept whose time has come
    ... It should be a consolidated rationale for action and be the basis of a national campaign. Passive drinking kills, ends Donaldson – “England is drinking far too mych. Engand has an alcohol problem. ...

Discuss ...

It's a ploy to get rid of the NHS.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Crapaud wrote:

Are you sure about comparing smokers/drinkers to holocaust victims?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!