Anyone ride in the costwolds near to evesham?

Nick1978
Nick1978 Posts: 93
edited June 2010 in MTB rides
Im getting back in to my mountain biking after giving up footy and was wondering if anyone does some regular rides starting from near evesham? I can travel up to 20-30 miles and whack jthe bike on the back of the car so no worries if youre slightly further out. Looking for males or females, nothing too serious, just some good riding buddies.

Cheers!

Nick

Comments

• missgroover
    missgroover Posts: 263
    We're in Birmingham and recently bought a guide book for the Cotswolds...not got round to using it yet though, thought we'd do the HONC first to get some inspiration.
    Always keen to meet people closer to home!
  • Nick1978
    Hi there!

Thanks for your email.

Whats HONC byt he way?! I dot between bham and evesham so always in the west midlands too.

Let me know if you want to meet up for a ride around the costwolds, there some good routes around near evesham which are pretty good and can be as strenous or easy as you like.

Cheers!

Nick
  • missgroover
    missgroover Posts: 263
    Hell of the north Cotswolds - endurance event, 50 or 100km depending on how ill you would like to feel afterwards :shock:
    Here's the link:
    http://www.honc.org.uk/

Official entries now closed but me and t'other half will just tag along at the end of the pack and hope we don't get lost. More fun that way
  • sassysarah
    sassysarah Posts: 421
    Try looking on the About bikes website at blackminster as well...i believe they ride every Sunday
    Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!
  • Nick1978
    nice one thanks evereyone!!!
  • sassysarah
    Hi Nick...Are you riding on Saturday? :roll: I haven't done the Cotswolds and could do with a guild
  • Nick1978
    Hi Sarah!
    Thanks for your email.

Im on a stag do on sturday unfortunately but may be around on the following weekend over easter?

Cheers

Nick
  • sassysarah
    I have a week off next week and plan on doing a lot of rides..not got anything plan for Saturday...but i i'm doing a big ride on the Friday at Hopton woods (not downhilling but an xc ride)...so might be pooped...not sure it i''ll be wise to plan anything!! I don't surpose you have any time in the week...Wednesday or Thursday??
  • Nick1978
    No worries! I think im down to work next saturday anyhow (even though its easter!). may be free on the sunday or monday although im trying to arrange a ride in wales on the sunday. Got a new bike coming next week so weel excited!! See how you feel after your Hopton Woods and we can go from there (where is hopton woods?!)>

cheers!

Nick
  • Biffz0id
    Biffz0id Posts: 123
    A load of us go up and around Bredon hill for a good ride. Sometimes we go to forest of dean aswell. I've been out with Ashton club once or twice aswell and they seem alright :).

http://www.ashtonmtb.co.uk/
  • sassysarah
    Sundays out...i have a Hen do on the Saturday...so properly not a good idea to plan anything on that day

And Monday I'm supposed to be doing Ludlow Mortimer Forest...but not sure I've got a guide any more...but if I'm not doing that I'm doing Clee Hill

I have no idea want Hopton woods/Bucknell woods is like apart from it's well known for it's Downhill course...i'll let you know

not got any plans for the next weekend thou!
  • sassysarah
    What Bike you got??
  • Nick1978
    I defo dont recommend going ut the day after a stag do...im ruined today and cant get off the sofa lol!

Yeha the weekend after easter should be good. Nothing planned yet. May be going to coed y brenan next monday now with a few mates, heard it sgreat up there!!

Ive got a gt avalance...had it for about 12 yearsand its had it although ive been upgrading it constantly. So ordered a cube through ride to work scheme. Its coming this week..well excited! Its the cube ltd team rx.

What bike do you have? Do you ride up clent by the way? I used to live in hagley and go up there all the time...its got some wicked trails!

cheers

nick
  • sassysarah
    CYB one of the best trails i've been on....although it scared the shit out of me...I did it early last year i'd only been riding a couple of months and I came a cropper on that first rocky bit! :oops:

I've got a Giant Anthem at the mo...but i've just Demo a Trek EX8 wsd...and i'm pretty tempted
    although if i do bang go's my holiday...may have just enough money to buy a tent! :P

I've just started riding up Clent...normal Friday afternoons...It's a pig of a climb but yeh it's got some pretty cool trails especially some of the down hill ones that they've been working on recently!

I may be going camping on that weekend now...to guess where...yep you got it CYB and Nant yr Arian...sorry i'm a bit of a dizzy blond sometimes..i forgot all about you!
  • Nick1978
    Nice one...you should buy a lottery ticket this week! You never know!!

Clent is good for the fitness...adams hill is always a killer!!

No worries about that weekend...youll have a wicked time at CYB especially with some camping, cant beat it! Im looking forward to getting up there, heard somany good things about it, just hope its not too busy due to the holidays!!
  • Bossangel
    Bossangel Posts: 164
    put me down for a Cotswold ride bossangel39@googlemail.com
    Im presuming just barging ins ok?
    I can do pretty much any time, cotswolds about half hour from me and can also go further afield

Simon
    Why use brakes? Falling off is a much quicker way to stop
  • Live in Evesham, not up for solo riding, anyone prefer company let me know.
  • sassysarah
    Hi MissM...do you know any good route down that way? :lol:
  • Only those as Nick1978 recommended, have knackered my hamstring at the mo so not riding, but look forward to meeting up at some point :lol:
  • Nick1978
    Hey!

Ive just got a new book on rides in the cotswolds, i reckon this with some OS knowledge from our recent rides we could get a wicked route sorted. Any of oyu fancy sorting something out soon?

Sarah - sorry i havent been down wyre forest yet..had some really busy weekends recently!

Cheers!

Nick
  • sassysarah
    Cool...pm me when your feeling better! :P