Buckie Social Club

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Why should you London commuters have all the fun of laughing at fellow BR members in lycra.

WGW, Wallace and I are in the process of planning a meet up in Glasgow, not the easiest when BR doesn't let you CC PMs :( So I created this thread to make it easier to discuss and let any other Scottish commuters get in on the discussions.

We're thinking this Tuesday, maybe meeting up for a pub lunch in the city centre. However Wallace is a bit busy so that may not be practical. Alternative is sometime later on in April.

For me the only thing that could throw a spanner in the works for Tuesday is NLC getting it's act together. But it may be a bit short notice/time constrained if more are interested.

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Later in April best for me. Could do luch, or could do after work pint. Advantage later in April is that it will be lighter later, allowing for a pint and a slow cycle home....

Though going up Maryhilll Road bevvied, would let me see how the locals do it!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I'll just by a wee bottle of the bionic and drink to you!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Right, when suits. Week after next? I would prefer after work, say 6-6.30pm Clydeside? Somewhere bike friendlyish. Any ideas?

Could even extend it to a social ride, a Saturday or a Sunday? Though may be difficult to get a time suitable for all. (not that there is many!!)
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Week after next sounds fine. It'll give me plenty of time to work out where all the nuts and bolts I took off my BSO go :wink:

Time wise, again pretty much any time suits. Could be quite fun doing a social ride as well, not used to riding in company and it would be nice seeing other cyclists who aren't flying past me.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Those ruthless monks :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.