Glasses

Satu
Satu Posts: 51
edited March 2010 in Women
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for decent riding glasses with slightly narrower frames?

I've been hunting around for a new pair for a while, but all the ones I've tried so far seem too wide for my face, and I'm tired of looking like some kind of insect in all of my photos...

Has anyone got any suggestions? I wouldn't want to spend more than maybe 40 pounds because I do have a tendency to drop them, or worse!

Cheers,
Satu

Comments

• MrsMoo
    MrsMoo Posts: 22
    I have the same problem, kids sunglasses usually fit me as my face is very narrow (although that can be good as the kids ones are cheaper!!)
    Have been looking at Tifosi Optics, some of there glasses are designed for smaller faces and they have a nice womens range (www.tifosioptics.com). I was thinking of getting the DEA glasses. However, haven't actually tried any yet so not sure if they are any good...
  • skellator3
    skellator3 Posts: 200
    dont only ride a bike
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    mrs.blitz has some dhb triple lens sunglasses and while the lenses and frames are appropriately smaller than usual, the arms are not. Nothing that can't be fixed by a minute or two with some basic tools but if you have a petite head it's something to be aware of.
  • Satu
    Thanks, everyone -- some good options there! I rather like the look of the Tifosi ones -- will have to see if I can try some on somewhere. Slightly mixed reviews on Wiggle, mind you...

Cheers,
    Satu
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Satu wrote:
    Thanks, everyone -- some good options there! I rather like the look of the Tifosi ones -- will have to see if I can try some on somewhere. Slightly mixed reviews on Wiggle, mind you...

Cheers,
    Satu

Madison Shields Compacts :D

I have a really, really narrow face and have literally tried all kinds of glasses and none have fitted well apart from these. They only cost £15 and are really tough.

I've wasted hundreds of pounds in the past but am sticking to these now!

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/produc ... rtno=37728
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Satu
    miss notax wrote:

Ooh, those look pretty good, especially for that price! Must see if I can have a look at them, too.

Thanks!
  • Satu
    Just to finish the story: we went to the Outdoors Show here in Birmingham yesterday, where I bought 2 pairs of glasses (1 yellow lenses and 1 sunglasses) from Sundog for 40 quid. Both fit really nicely (I even tried them on with my helmet first!), and I tested them on the way home -- very comfy. Yay!