Thread to tell everyone your weekend cycling plans

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
edited October 2016 in Commuting chat
So what's your cycling plan for the weekend?

Club Run?Pootle with the kids?Bit of sordid MTB action?Sneaky climb up the stats table?

Maybe you're doing something completely different?

I'll be out on Sunday

Last week I did my first 50 miler of the year Portrush- Coleraine-Ballymoney-Ballycastle- Portrush.

This weekend I intend to extend this route to take in a bit more climbing, though being at the coast wind direction will determine my final route. Always nice to have a tailwind home.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Absolutely nothing. I'm putting my feet up :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Ditto... The weekend is when I nurse my saddle soreness if I've done a full week of commuting tbh.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    This weekend I'll be picking up the Carbon Fibre Ultegra SL beauty I bought on eBay.

Actually, no I won't because my combi boiler went breasts skywards and I've got to pay for a new one of those instead.

/shakes fist.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    This weekend I'll be cycling to my BMF class on Sat morning and as long as my legs are still working after this I'll be taking a long route home.

Sunday is supposed to be wet and windy down here so will be sailing
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    It really depends upon the weather and whether it rains on Sunday.

If it does (or is forecast to do so) then on Saturday I am doing to ride from Stafford to Wellington and back in order to watch a non league football match: a round trip of about 50 miles (glup... ).

If it looks like it will be dry on Sunday, I will just head out for a 20 miler on Saturday or so to save my legs for Sunday when I am planning to do my first ever Sportive: the 45 mile Cheshire Cat.

Must admit I am bricking it abit as "slow and wide" describes me: when I did a 42 miler last weekend I averaged only 12.7mph taking around 3 hours 50 for the trip. I guess I could do the 45 in about the same time, but with 2 700 faster people flying around me, I worry I might cause problems.

Sort of hoping it will rain..... :cry:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Friday Night Ride to the Coast- down to Brighton from HPC, this time the regulars are being joined by up to 65 newbies raising money for the Martlets Hospice in Hove. Possibly 120 or so riders in all. And BSOs going down Reigate Hill...could be interesting...!! Quite possibly riding back to Pompey as well, may feel the need to get a move on after that.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Possibly a gentle, flat 50 miler as a recovery from last weeks 80 miles of hills. Selby or York beckon - maybe circumnavigations!........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Going to be cycling 30 miles for a 10m TT, and then 34 miles back home on Saturday.

Sunday I will be doing some cycle coaching followed by a 2 hour ride.

Hopefully the weather will be half decent for the weekend.
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Aiming for 3 hours on Sunday morning.
    If weather is nice enough, Surrey hills.
    If not, 5 laps of RP (+ going there and back ofc)
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Saturday probably a short road ride my usual "commute" route as I'll be visiting my Gran in hospital in the afternoon. Sunday around 30 miles hopefully.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    If the weather stays like this the Maxima will be getting its second outing of 2010. Hopefully I won't fall off it this time!
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    either 20-30 miles of local stuff on the MTB or 30-50 miles on the roadbike tomorrow afternoon.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Got a bit of a jaunt planned on Sunday, should help out with the stats game :)
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Polishing the bike saturday.... Cheshire Cat 100 Sunday.... :D
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    With the way the weather's looking (and with a big party on Saturday night), my big ride is looking like Saturday. I need to to 70-80 miles, with lots of hills.

Any route suggestions from SE London would be v.welcome as I'm a smidge bored of my usual routes.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    StuAff wrote:
    Friday Night Ride to the Coast- down to Brighton from HPC, this time the regulars are being joined by up to 65 newbies raising money for the Martlets Hospice in Hove. Possibly 120 or so riders in all. And BSOs going down Reigate Hill...could be interesting...!! Quite possibly riding back to Pompey as well, may feel the need to get a move on after that.

Would love to be joining in on that!

I'd also like to be trying out a Velo for the first time at Herne Hill but a running injury from a halth marathon last week means I'm taking a week off :(

So instead I'll be pre-pairing and re-pairing my mountain bikes for a trip to Wales on the bank holiday :D
  • Moomin23
    Moomin23 Posts: 77
    Riding Blackburn to Kendal and back on Sunday with a couple of Clubmates, anyone wants to jump on and provide an extra wheel to suck on, more than welcome!
    I want to come back as Niki Gudex's seat
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    This weekend I will not be cycling.
    Nor the next, or the next, and so on ad infinitum
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Going on Willhub's clubrun on Saturday, Sunday is yet undecided.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    No riding for me at weekends, daddy duty. :D (or :x depending on how well behaved they are)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    No riding at all this weekend - off to Northampton for the Wasps/Saints game, lazy lunch on Sunday before heading home...

Oggie oggie oggie!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Does cycling from Balham to Brixton (and return) tomorrow for food shopping count? :)
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    New bike tomorrow - then off somewhere to start racking up the miles.

can't wait. 8) :D
  • deebizzle
    deebizzle Posts: 46
    Driving to Bris from London tonight after work. Am dreading the traffic and the fact it's taken around 4 hours the last couple of time I've done it. Will be worth it tho I'm sure as getting to unleash my new Enduro on Cwmcarn for the first time tomorrow!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Tonight, some turbo action, and maybe some laps of RP on Sunday morning. No doubt it will rain. I mean, why wouldn't it? I'm planning to go for a ride. Grrr.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • BiggerBoat
    BiggerBoat Posts: 168
    Cheshire Cat 67 this Sunday and I'm horribly unfit. I can see four nice climbs (ie walks) ahead.
    We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
    Trek Madone 5.2
    Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)
  • jwindeatt
    jwindeatt Posts: 50
    MTB Skills course at Swinley on Sat
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Usual weekend routine for me - Saturday 45-50 miles (but must be home by 9.15), and Sunday was going to be a 2-up TT but that has been over-ruled so will be a 4 hour ride starting at 6am.
    Still breathing.....
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    If the weather stays like this the Maxima will be getting its second outing of 2010. Hopefully I won't fall off it this time!

Second? Second? Where are the smelling salts? :D
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • flamite
    flamite Posts: 269
    1st proper outing of the year on the mortirolo...

cycling to Poole first thing tomorrow morning for the night, through new forest, can't wait!

wont be cycling the 100 miles back though...!