Battersea Bridge area/Embankment tonight

cjcp
cjcp Posts: 13,345
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
WTH was going on?

First, we had the Police directing traffic at BB because the lights were out and then we had police sirens coming from every direction. Were they late for tea?
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Comments

• zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    This is in london, and everywhere in london is in the same place right? :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8588081.stm
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Chr!st :( .
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Weird, sirens all over the place on my way home too (quite a. way north of the river).

Must be one of those nights...
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Update to the story with loads more info:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8588604.stm

I dunno, kids these days eh? Tsk... Little roister doisters.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Just remembered three Police vans went past in a big hurry while JonG and meself were outside the Morpeth. Must've been 7ish or shortly after.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Sarfraz Ahmed, who manages a shop at the station, said youngsters had been causing trouble at the station in the past few weeks.

"One day last week a gang chased a boy into a shop and attacked him and trashed the place.

"They are about 15 or 16 and come here on their bikes."
    F#@king cyclists.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I must have been in 'earphone ped' mode last night, walked through the station 10-15 mintutes after this happened apparently!

Can't wait for injury to clear and be back on the bike, probably far safer!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    School kids, stabbing. MSN news reports that the 20 school kids were all black (which I don't see as relevant) and the boy was of North African descent.

Either way my kids are going to private school.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jamey
    DDD - did you see this?
    http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/5 ... ttlefield/

As a fellow Croydonian I thought you might be interested. You can't really see individual people too well but my girlfriend's stepdad and little bro are two of the bystanders near Burton's. He (her stepdad) is an ex-copper and was quoted in the paper in the end saying what he thought of the way security and the PCSOs dealt with the situation. He wasn't impressed.
  • DonDaddyD
    I think the press glamourise these kids by calling them gangs. The Crips, Bloods and the Mafia are gangs. These are kids that need a f*cking slap.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jamey
    Trufax :)

Loved the WWF-inspired chair wielding though.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    DDD, you know that's not allowed any more and I thought you were a peaceful bloke :shock: 8)

They just need love, counselling and an all expenses paid holiday overseas coz they come from deprived backgrounds :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    Cafewanda wrote:
    DDD, you know that's not allowed any more and I thought you were a peaceful bloke :shock: 8)

They just need love, counselling and an all expenses paid holiday overseas coz they come from deprived backgrounds :roll:

I refer you to Boondocks - Martin Luther King speech.

It's not a nice speech but it has a point. The episode explores a World where Martin Luther King survived and from a coma woke up today.

More of the episode

I'm disappointed, it's not OK for anyone to act like that.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    It's gonna be a long hot summer.......................