The best..........?

nstevo
nstevo Posts: 42
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
....speed/fitness based hydrid between £550 and £700. Give me your suggestions please!

I'm thinking Trek 7.5 or Felt QX85.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    It's not about the bike... :wink:

Either will do. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What sort of hybrid are you after? Flat bar road bike, or something more MTB oriented?

I'd generally avoid disc brakes on a flat bar road bike, add unnecessary weight. Unless you must have all that stopping power - and some cable discs are not as good as rim brakes.
  • nstevo
    Flat bar road please!!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Trek 7.5

I love my 7.5 wsd, it's lovely :D

mind you I am looking at a custom built cyclo cross bike :roll:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • desmosedici
    desmosedici Posts: 117
    Been using an Argon 18 Cobalt for the past year with practically zero maintenance aside from pumping up the tyres. Hung lights, rack and panniers on it. Quite zippy, and corners well on the Vittoria 25c tyres it came with.
  • nstevo
    Trek 7.5 purchased today, in black. Cant wait to get on it!!!
  • I was doing my usual interweb window shopping last night when I spotted a range of sizes in a bike I test rode last year...

Mongoose Sabrosa 3x8 for just £289! :shock:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONGOOSE-SABROSA- ... 3a59309fc4

Last year, I missed out on a large frame at Cycleworld by hours, after finding the medium a touch too short in top tube length. However, despite being a bit small, this bike was like a "magic capet ride" and was by far the nicest bike I tried (Specialized Centrum; Carerra Gryphon disc).

Don't get me wrong, I love the Pylon8 I bought instead last year after the Sabrosa sizing disappointment, but I so would love to bike one at this price. However, having bought the Tricross ~4 months ago aswell, I think my better half would throw a wobbler if I bought another bike! :lol:

Edit: Just remembered that the Sabrosa I test rode was the 2008 3x9. Having just looked up the specs, they have dumbed down the products on the 3x8 2009 model:-
    Deore > x4
    Brm485 hydraulic disc brakes > Promax cable
    http://www.mongoose.com/usa/eng/mtn/Pro ... ls?id=2620
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo