Who's Doing the Great British Bike Ride?

DubaiNeil
DubaiNeil Posts: 246
Hi all,

4 day sportive from Lands End to Twickers in early September

More info here:

https://www.greatbritishbikeride.com/

Seems very expensive, but my wife has entered me for it, and as I'll be traveling from Dubai (via the South of France) the entry fee is of little relative concern in the bigger scheme of things!

Neil

Comments

• Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Bloody hell that's steep - especially when you consider that the accommodation is camping and not even B&B :shock:

And I certainly wouldn't do the last day £92 :shock:
  • I have entered to ride the Great British Bike Ride in September it seems a great challenge. The nice part about this sportive event is that they take care of everything for you all I need to do is the ride. Riding into Twickers is going to be great and with 70000 rugby fans cheering me on. Cant wait.

Peter
  • Stanley222 wrote:
    I have entered to ride the Great British Bike Ride in September it seems a great challenge. The nice part about this sportive event is that they take care of everything for you all I need to do is the ride. Riding into Twickers is going to be great and with 70000 rugby fans cheering me on. Cant wait.

Peter

I agree - it would be a challenge and a fantastic atmosphere at the end buy £400 plus a minimum sponsorship also seems a bit steep!!!

I have looked at what we are getting for the money and it seems to me that they have realy not left a thing out. I have compared this event to Cycle Across Britain which £1200 to enter and that does not include any sponsorship money. Latest word on the street is that the biggest car manufacturer in the world in sponsoring the event. They must be doing somefthing right. Lets not pre judge.

Peter
  • Freckly
    Freckly Posts: 1
    It will my first multi day ride and for what you get, (assuming you get it) I think it looks like a great crack & good fun. I love the West Coutry so maybe I'm biased.

Freck :lol:
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Stanley222 wrote:
    Latest word on the street is that the biggest car manufacturer in the world in sponsoring the event. They must be doing somefthing right.

Peter

It's their Posh arm (Lexus) so you shouldn't have to worry about the dodgy brakes ot sticky accelerators in the support cars :lol: