Surrey Hills Query

Gilesw2010
Gilesw2010 Posts: 121
edited March 2010 in Routes
Hi all,

I was thinking about giving the Surrey Hills area a bash over the Easter Weekend as Im visiting the Mother in law who lives nearby.

I know it's a pretty vast area to explore but can anyone recommend particular areas to go? I've only really got the Saturday to explore it and was hoping to get the best bits in 1 day if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    You might want to hook-up with someone who knows the area as the best bits can be tricky to find. Not sure who'll be riding over the Easter weekend, but have a look at this thread over in the MTB Rides section.
  • timmys
    timmys Posts: 191
    Head to Peaslake and talk to the guy in the bike shop there. He's very friendly and for a quid or something will sell you a map and draw on some of the best singletrack to head for.
  • Gilesw2010
    Gilesw2010 Posts: 121
    thats great guys - thanks for your help. I'll head up to that bike shop and see if they can help me.

cheers again
  • evade
    evade Posts: 115
    Another option is Nirvana Cycles. Check out their 27 mile "killer loop" map - they say it takes in the best of the Surrey Hills in one loop.

http://www.nirvanacycles.com/shop/product.php/385/0/nirvana__killer_loop__map/988d2cf773d9386b0498d5acdf8d2e37

Not sure if they still do, but they used to organise group rides every weekend. Been meaning to go on one, but not got around to it yet...

Evade
    Evade
    Scott Spark 35
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    I'll be leading a ride for Redhill CC on the third. We won't be doing the 'proper trails' as it were, going in a different direction, but if you're looking for a friendly group ride then come aliong- keep an eye on this website: http://www.redhillcc.co.uk/

there's a chance the start point may change, so just check before you come
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.