Islabikes Rothan vs Ridgeback Scoot

Bullet1
Bullet1 Posts: 161
It's my daughters 2nd birthday next month and planning on buying a runner bike to assist her balance before moving onto one with pedals. Had a look at what's available and think we'll probably buy one of these 2 - seen a number of posts re Islabikes but do any of you any experience of the Ridgeback Scoot?

Comments

• Bullet1 wrote:
    It's my daughters 2nd birthday next month and planning on buying a runner bike to assist her balance before moving onto one with pedals. Had a look at what's available and think we'll probably buy one of these 2 - seen a number of posts re Islabikes but do any of you any experience of the Ridgeback Scoot?

Hi,

I bought a Ridgeback Scoot for my daughter last Christmas, and she loves it (the main reason being that it is pink!) I would definitely recommend it; it is nice and light and seems to be very well made. Having said that, my son who is older, has an Islabike Beinn and that is also fantastic, so I would say that you can't really go wrong with either choice.
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    They'd be my pick (if I had access to them).

My daughter is (today) graduating from her wooden runbike (cheaper like-a-bike copy) to a pedalled bike. (http://www.bykbikes.com.au - E350).

IMHO, you can't really go wrong with any runbike. The kids don't weigh too much. They don't really need a brake (self-arrest using their feet).

My tip - pick the one SHE likes best. That way, she'll be more likely to ride it.
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike