MD80 problem

mapryan
mapryan Posts: 39
edited March 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi

I've got an original AEE MD80 camera (not the cheap ebay knock-offs). Works brilliantly, except for one problem. When the video gets to 30:00 minutes, I believe it's supposed to start a new file or at least that's what it did when I first got it. However, now it gets to 30:00 and doesn't create one. The device is still on and appears to be working, but there's never a new file

Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• Might have ran out of battery...? I had some funny stuff happening as well with that camera. Once, a file just got corrupted, couldn't play it anywhere, no version would have it. Weird, but it happened only once.

Are you using the VOX recording?
  • mapryan
    Yeah, I always leave it with VOX set to on. Definitely not the battery as I see the little lights on when I get to the office and turn it off.

It's really odd - like I say, it was working fine when I bought it.

Tonight I'll try just turning it on manually using the button on the top rather than relying on the VOX setting and see how I get on

Cheers
  • mapryan
    (Just in case anyone references this in the future)

Tried it this morning using the on/off button rather than the vox switch and it worked exactly as it should. Cut the video at 30:00 and created a new file

Mike