Jedi Posts: 827
edited March 2010 in MTB general
so what's everyone doing?
i'm camping/riding at herts :)

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    edited March 2010
    Wales - as far away from the trail centres as possible :)
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    Magorka, innit :D
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • gaanrowl
    gaanrowl Posts: 326
    gonna ride langdales (ambleside) and maybe do whinlatter
  • CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    Fort Bill red route, oh yeah! and hopefully some deserted West Highland single track if I have time.
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Innerleithen I think. And probably a local ride just to get the legs spinning.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i take a week off in april every year for the good weather we usually get then...

last year I rode inners dh all week! empty car park...glorious sunshine...awesome.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    It's my mate's wedding that weekend, so I'll probably only get to ride on Sunday :(
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Going cannock at some point, might take the train and go camping down at cwmcarn at some point too
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    get some riding in at home in the north downs! I didn't get to try the new end of barry knows best at christmas, so that's on the list. going camping in dorset with friends too, so might take the bike...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    mumble grumble, stupid no time off over Easter, mumble grumble.

Probably just a local route over the weekend, maybe some trail building if the snow melts.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Ride locally, Cwn afan so on i think, will start camping in may when its warmer lol
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    edited March 2010
    Swinley forest, homebury hill, pitch hill, maybe leith hill, and building local jumps probably
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    just delamere as far as i know. some building there too
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    im going to ride every day of the holiday i got exams after so i better enjoy the break
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • physiosteve
    physiosteve Posts: 194
    Well i'm on a course in phoenix arizona next week with work. But have extended the trip so BH weekend I'll be dodging rattle snakes, cactus and lauching drops on south mountain...! Check it out http://www.mountainbikebill.com/AZ08SoMo-Day2.htm

:lol:
    Couple of 5 spots, a hummer and a handjob.....
  • ewok
    ewok Posts: 51
    Coombe bashing in the Quantocks. Then a BBQ at Rams Coombe if not packed out
  • Planning on going to the Whitby area in motorhome (if we can find a free site). Intend a day at Dalby on Good Friday (en-route) then a few hilly early morning rides the rest of the weekend, plus a bit of walking and drinking.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ive got 2 weeks off from next week so i want to go to south wales i think, i will start a thread at some point asking for some advice.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    to try out the various routes available on the mourne mountains, i will always envy the trails/singletrack in wales/scotland.
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    To ride as much as possible to make up for a month off the bike! Most likely just local stuff.
  • covelove
    covelove Posts: 209
    got a week off and am planning a road trip
    wolftrax, rothiemurcus, golspie (longest singletrack decent in the UK), wolftrax again then onto fort bill for the xc (i think the DH is closed still??)

cant wait!!
    does my tail look hard in this?

cove stiffee

orange 222
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    everything in the local area, plus a load of building and maybe chicksands as well

just as long as my LBS get my headset bearings in in time :(
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Probably try to ride a few times at Glentress. Might give Inners a go.

Not sure though since I have a Border Youth Theatre performance for a week around Easter 8)
  • pk64
    pk64 Posts: 53
    Going for a week in Aviemore, had a winter of wet and windy weather in Uist so I am hopeing it'll be calm and sunny :D
    2009 Trek 3900 - MTB (Upgraded)
    1976 Eddy Merckx - Road (Restored)
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Swinley forest, homebury hill, pitch hill, maybe leith hil

This hopefully, if not than at least a ride around my local south downs.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    I'm doing a road trip in the Highlands with the missus. Should be able to take in a visit to Golspie. I've got all of next week off so I'll also be doing Glentress and Inners
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    i can't wait to camp/ride herts shore. need the chill out :)
  • lovewales
    lovewales Posts: 411
    Off to Whitby in the van - but not till after the stupidly busy weekend; it's great having 2 weeks off :D:D

Planning on the moors as usual and Dalby maybe :D
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?