Campylobacter

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
I have had food poisoning since Saturday, still feel lousy now, no energy. Big bad cramps and lots of runny brown stuff. Lost 11 lbs though, now 11 stone 12 lbs, so happy with that, just have to find some energy...........just thought I'd share.

Comments

• skinny git
  • I thought for a moment your Campagnolo bits had developed a nasty infection....
  • Anonymous
    I thought for a moment your Campagnolo bits had developed a nasty infection....
    :D:D:D
    Hey, a new debate,

Campylobacter or Shingles ?
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Wow!... 11lbs in 6 days :shock:
    Can I buy this Campylobacter over the counter at the chemists?
    I'd gladly have two portions of that, take it offshore with me, and come back a new man. :D:D
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited March 2010
    Not a good way to lose weight. :( Get well soon, DMC.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • hopper1 wrote:
    I'd gladly have two portions of that, take it offshore with me, and come back a new man. :D:D

Apparently it's freely available, but you need to combine this with a rigorous toilet sprint training regime for the desired weight loss effect
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    dmclite wrote:
    I have had food poisoning since Saturday, still feel lousy now, no energy. Big bad cramps and lots of runny brown stuff. Lost 11 lbs though, now 11 stone 12 lbs, so happy with that, just have to find some energy...........just thought I'd share.
    That's not good, less of you to draft!
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    skinny git

fat git
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    I blame the tortillas.
  • Jajacp
    Jajacp Posts: 79
    i've just had it too. Terrible business. I felt washed out for weeks and now I appear to have a reactive arthritis. Take it easy and don't push youself too hard back on the bike.

8lbs of that weight loss will probably be glycogen and much of the rest water if my experience is anything to go by.
  • Rooner
    Rooner Posts: 109
    Its not nice, fully sympathise. I recently got a bout of food poisoning, virtually ate nothing from Saturday until Thursday (I reckoned I ate 3000 cals max in all that time). Thing is, other than the Saturday being a write-off, I cycled to work all the rest of the week, and did my usual 4 mile walk with the dog every day. Guess what, weight never changed at all. Maybe I was metabolising air?
  • Anonymous
    Seanos wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    That's not good, less of you to draft!

Git. :D

looks like I will have to definitely scrub the 28th at Biddenden(on Reserves) and do Fowlmead on the 3rd.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    There's lots of energy going spare at CERN. Someone at the Daily Telegraph really should hire a new sub-editor to look at the spelling of those headlines...*

*Yes, this is a feeble attempt to crowbar this article into a thread.

Edit - the bloody spoilsports! Hover your cursor over the CERN link above to see what they originally wrote in big 36 point bold.
  • Anonymous
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    There's lots of energy going spare at CERN. Someone at the Daily Telegraph really should hire a new sub-editor to look at the spelling of those headlines...*

*Yes, this is a feeble attempt to crowbar this article into a thread.

Edit - the bloody spoilsports! Hover your cursor over the CERN link above to see what they originally wrote in big 36 point bold.

Wat too subtle for us lot........ :shock:
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ..its not those home made prawn salads you're famous for..is it?....

hope you're better soon dmclite...build up stamina slowly when you get back on the bike...I reckon you'll be weak at first..
  • Stu T
    Stu T Posts: 127
    I love this bug. My ex wife had it. Good Times :D
    I wear Lycra because I like the way it feels
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    hopper1 wrote:

Oh no you don't mate. I had a dose of it about 18years ago, ended up in hospital isolation sh1tting blood to end up with. Lost a bit of weight and all my dignity.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.