Peak District

HikerBiker
HikerBiker Posts: 8
edited March 2010 in MTB rides
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, so not quite sure what i'm doing with the site yet!!

I've seen a few topics of regular meets.

Are there any Peak District weekend meets or do I post somewhere else to set up a ride suggestion?

Cheers
HikerBiker

Comments

• rottitera02
    rottitera02 Posts: 863
    Hello Hikerbiker, welcome to the bikeradar forums, yes you are posting in the correct place for arranging rides, judging from your post would i be right in guessing you live near the peak district ?

Myself and a group of buddies have ridden recently around the Ladybower reservoir area, some of the guys live in the sheffield/doncaster area, myself am from merseyside and a few others from slightly further south.

We have started to get together for rides in different places, and welcome others to join us.

If you read the post titled 'slow rides for unfit people' and have a read thru (quite a few pages mind) you will get an idea of how we go about things, of course if you wish you can put a post on our thread and introduce yourself if you wish to gain help or join in the group, the more the merrier.

If you see a ride being organised that you fancy a go of on the forum then post away within that thread.

Good luck with your riding.............
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    There is a facebook group you could also join (MTB Biking in the Peak District)

They arrange occasional group rides around the area from time to time
  • Hi Rottitera,

Thanks for info, I am based in Ashby in Derbyshire but like riding in Peaks & anywhere else I can get to in the weekends, so if you can give me a shout where & when your next out that would be brill. How often do you manage to get together? My next free weekend is 10th April, will you guys be out then?

Cheers
    HikerBiker
  • maloo
    maloo Posts: 214
    10th of April we will be getting together at Llandegla , come say hello on the slow rides thread :D
  • rottitera02
    rottitera02 Posts: 863
    maloo wrote:
    10th of April we will be getting together at Llandegla , come say hello on the slow rides thread :D

Good evening Hikerbiker, how are you ? we try and arrange rides as and when we are available and if you look on our thread 'slow ride for unfit people' you will see what we get up to......
    Our next ride is on 10th April at llandegla,North Wales, Maloo who is one of our group has given you an invite onto our thread......Please come and say hello to everyone, you will be made most welcome and we can fill you in on all the info.
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • Hi guys, thanks for invite, think I will join you & make a weekend of it.
    Where & what time do you meet, where's best place for me to stay so I don't have to get up too early for the meet!!

Cheers
    HikerBiker
  • Hi, me again, can you tell how useless I am at using internet sites yet??

I can'f find the MTB biking group on Facebook, any chance you can send me a link?

Ta
    HikerBiker