Lidl

Graydawg
Graydawg Posts: 673
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Lidl's have some good deals on some bits and bobs starting this week.

Think I'm going to try out a pair of the glasses they are selling!
It's been a while...

Comments

• Rickbus
    Rickbus Posts: 39
    Lidl Bike Accessories

Just had a quick look, might be worth a trip down to have a look at the quality, can't complain about the prices tho.
    Specialized Hardrick Pro Disc 2010
  • Graydawg
    Sorry - I should've posted the link! :oops:

Yeah quality might not be great but £8 for the glasses has to be ok. Especially when they stand a good chance of falling off or getting scraped!
    It's been a while...
  • Agoogy
    Agoogy Posts: 66
    For glasses search for Bolle Contour ESP on the bay..... cheaper than Lidl and really good.

recommended on here by many....
    Lapierre 714 - nicked from Centre Parcs
    2009 Stuntjumper HT Expert Carbon
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    For the attention of anyone in the Edinburgh area:

The Lidl sale has been cancelled so please stay out of the stores!

Any chance they'll actually be more gear there now when I get there!!!!
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • turnercraig
    turnercraig Posts: 537
    Isn't it next week it starts : the 22nd?

Or is it just my local store?
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    Starts 22nd down 'ere in Execetuuuur.

Think it's the same nationwide.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • Graydawg
    Yeah think it starts next monday. One of the guys in the office said his missus picked up the leaflet and thought it said the 18th here. So I'm going to check tomorrow to be sure I don't miss out.

Don't normally shop in Lidls so not au-fait with their promotional dates etc...
    It's been a while...
  • For what it's worth my lidl SPD shoes and leggings are going strong after 9 months of regular commuter use.

Gonna buy some spare shoes cos they're so good.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I might give the jacket, shorts and shoes a go, Aldi do cycling stuff from time to time as well
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    they always start here the week before payday and everything's gone when i have some money.
  • Hey I already posted this, :( it starts monday
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Give the pump a miss, it's poo
    Bought one and it disintegrated the second time I used it...
    Also the glove sizing, I bought "large" gloves from Lidl last year and yea, they may be large in China but they sure are not large by Western sizing and I do not have hands like shovels either..
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Funny - I found the gloves fine. I've got quite big hands I reckon and if anything the ones I bought are a little roomy - only a little mind and still wearing well after a year.
  • diddyfunk
    diddyfunk Posts: 252
    Thumbs up for the glasses.
    Had a nasty head plant on the road last year - glasses gave me a blackeye but kept intact 100% and probably prevented some nasty damage to my eye.

Would recommend.
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Evo
    08 Scott Scale 60 - http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy25 ... CF2299.jpg
  • andyp79
    andyp79 Posts: 78
    Are the wee computers any good?
    Why so serious?
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    With regards to the mini pumps, i think it may depend on the model, i got one last summer and saw an absolute identical one branded as giant winning a group test in cycle active last month and fwiw i found mine to be faultless, best 3 quid i've spent in a while.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Will defo get the shorts and glasses - seems silly not to.

I have have been using tinted dewalt sunglasses (which are suprisingly strong)
  • RichJJ
    RichJJ Posts: 25
    Got a few bits in there today and they look OK for the price certainly. £7 for tops and sleevless tops, £6 for shorts, £3 for gloves. Even bought SWMBO a gillet for £7 and a new helmet and gloves (in case she finds out that I spent £50). Not so sure on their sizing though, bought everything in a medium and some bits are loose whereas others are OK if I don't need to breathe. All in all though quite pleased.
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    The gilet sizing is a bit roomy to say the least. I am a 42/43" chest but the Large size(labelled as 42/44) was massive.
    I got the medium and its 'fitted' on me but with room in the back and shoulders. You would have to be 25stone plus to need the XL/
  • i bought the wireless computer , ive been messing with it for nearly 3 hours,
    i only wanted to now how far ive been i dont care how high up i am or how fast my hearts beating or what the temperature is :cry: maybe i should of gone to argos :?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    They only had a few bits in my size by the time I got there, they only had massive shorts left when I got there which was a bummer and the aformentioned sail size XL jackets!
    I did get three jerseys which were pretty good and a compression vest, I got some gloves for the missus as she hardly rides so £3 isn't really going to break the bank!
  • jonnyc2420
    jonnyc2420 Posts: 557
    got to agree with Porgy - they ALWAYS manage to do this about 2 weeks before pay day....... :cry:
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • t121anf
    t121anf Posts: 31
    what's the compression underwear stuff like?

was tempted this morning when i bought the shoes and pump but ran out of time to ponder them
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Steve_F wrote:
    For the attention of anyone in the Edinburgh area:

The Lidl sale has been cancelled so please stay out of the stores!

Any chance they'll actually be more gear there now when I get there!!!!

no they havn't...they just sold it all to meeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.