Energy Drinks and IBS

sparrowlegs78
sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
edited March 2010 in Health, fitness & training
I am coming to the conclusion that I need totake and energy drink /isotonic drink with me on rides as I keep getting a real energy low, but I have IBS and I am confused as to which one to try out as I'm scared that one will have a nasty effect on me when I'm miles away from anywhere sans loo :lol:
If anyone has IBS or digestive trouble, which one works ok for you?
I've tried SIS drinks but they taste poo and make me feel sick :(
Any help would save me from a long "walk of shame" :lol:
Caz xx

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Make your own!

Have a look at our thread at the top.

Simple solution is pure orange or apple juice (check sugar content - wants to be between 10 and 12% ideally), mix 50/50 with plain water and add a pinch of salt per litre of solution.

If tastes to weak, flavour with sugar free cordial.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    the poo tasting sis drink. was it go or psp22? id never heard of ibs tho when was looking through the symptoms i was wondering i has it. my only suggestion would be high5 4:1
    typical crc has the Sachets out of stock. try the sachets first then if you love the stuff go buy the 1.6kg jar. as usual you really have the mix the powder into the water and dont gulp it down, take a lot of sips to avoid burps. hope that helps.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    I suffer anti inflamatory and other drug caused IBS sysmptoms and found folling some of the advice on here http://www.ibs-guide.info/ibs-treatment.html can really help for a pretty much guaranteed good day as part of a management stratagy, so suprises from diet/drink don't happen. So long as I take the antiacids I can use pretty much any isotonic energy drink, but would watch the carbs.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Neutral Torq is pretty good with orange juice to taste.