Crankskins - WELL Impressed!

2»

Comments

• Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Well I ordered there frame protection set on Monday night and they arrived this morning, not bad as I don't live in the mainland and a free set of those half crank protectors, not sure if I want to cover up my SLX cranks though.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • lochussie
    lochussie Posts: 276
    Just my opinion, but I think they look pretty naff. I like my bike looking a bit worn.
  • Sarnian wrote:
    Well I ordered there frame protection set on Monday night and they arrived this morning, not bad as I don't live in the mainland and a free set of those half crank protectors, not sure if I want to cover up my SLX cranks though.

I've got a spare set of clear ones if you want them. If you PM me your address I'll stick 'em in the post on Monday morning.

I was quite pleased to find get home the other night to find a surprise pack containing some more crank skins, and a couple of orange cable ends.

I'll also be ordering some of the forkskins (clear ones though) for my new Pikes when they get here.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Your on :D
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Seems like a waste of time to be honest. Cranks get scuffed, end of.
  • Andy wrote:
    Seems like a waste of time to be honest. Cranks get scuffed, end of.

Well, that's the point. With these, they dont need to get scuffed. Meaning they stay nicer for longer, meaning they also have a better resale value if you're into that kind of thing. Same reason people heli-tape their frames.

It also means you can make the colour match other bits on your bike too if you want to.

It's ok Andy, they do Pink ones too. :wink:
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Meh. Very pointless idea.
  • i used some thick window repair tape on my carbon cranks as they scratch very easily in the winter mud etc, but think i'll be ordering some of these soon as the tapes looking very worn now!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Personally, I only put tape on my frame where there's likely to be cable rub. The rest of the paint can deal with crashes etc, I don't really care. Generally though, all the extra stuff people use on their bikes to make them look better but perform the same confuses me so this is just more of the same.