Favourite Trails at Gentress

peter413
peter413 Posts: 5,120
edited March 2010 in Routes
What are your top 2 or 3 trails at Glentress and the whole place is not an answer :lol:

My two favourites have to be Zoom or Bust and Falla Brae

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    hm...

used to be the pie run, but they have spolied it now by cutting out some of the trees...its now a practially straight run through what used to be tight and rooty..

Now, I would say my favourite trails are...britney spears (short but sweet), and a few other special-secret-sauce unmarked lines... :wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • peter413
    cee wrote:
    a few other special-secret-sauce unmarked lines... :wink:

Would one of those be broon troot by any chance :wink:
  • peter413
    Oh I now remember my third favourite........

Mushroom Pie. Now thats a laugh. I normally do it about 5 times in a row
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    yip..broon troot and s&L....

also, the old race track up near the top of the red, but on the other side of the wall....spits you out somewhere on a blue trail, tight and twisty, with skinnies and a couple of big log jumps is a great laugh.

Also, there is the big chute down to the left from the fireroad between a black section and the magic mushroom bit....basically a streaky pants shale line...dont touch the brakes and ride the beast out kind of affair!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • peter413
    The only one you havn't mentioned there is zoom or bust.

Have you never ridden it or have you just forgotten about it :wink:
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Which is the best Blue route at Glentress?..going up in May and I'll be riding alone so I don't want to scare myself like I did at Coed Y Brenin one time and end up walking most of it :oops:
  • peter413
    Good game is definatly the best blue if you don't want a scare.

Its on the lower loop.

Electric blue is also pretty fun and thats between the top carpark and good game so thats you sorted :lol:

The upper loop isn't to bad but the lower is definatly better.
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Cool ta, will get those ticked off on my trip :D
    Caz xx
  • stanfree
    stanfree Posts: 58
    I was there yesterday and done a mixture of red and blue . Penneles vennel , Hit squad hill and pie run being my favourite reds from yesterday and Betty Blue , Ewok Village and Fala dam being my favourite blue bits.

Though you cant beat Spooky woods when there no snow. Cant vouch for the black as i dont have the balls to do it on my own.
  • peter413
    stanfree wrote:
    I was there yesterday and done a mixture of red and blue . Penneles vennel , Hit squad hill and pie run being my favourite reds from yesterday and Betty Blue , Ewok Village and Fala dam being my favourite blue bits.

Though you cant beat Spooky woods when there no snow. Cant vouch for the black as i dont have the balls to do it on my own.

Um sorry mate but Ewok is a black and Falla is a red/black
  • Lou_m
    Lou_m Posts: 97
    I do like Spooky, but equally i like spooky climb and the shortcut back up to the top of Spooky. Got to ride them in the middle ring for a proper workout :D
  • peter413
    I agree about the proper climb being fun but the shortcut :shock:

Its hard enough to walk never mind cycle (I actually don't believe its possible).
    I am on about the really steep shally bit just before it joins the climb. The rest is just a Fireroad though
  • Lou_m
    I know the bit you mean. Got to about 10 metres from the top once but never repeated.
  • peter413
    I gave up before I even got 10m up never mind 10m from the top :lol:
  • mushroom pie and magic mushroom are superb!

Spooky wood is over rated and in a state of disrepair (well it was last summer anyways lol) its not worth the climb up spooky wood ascent imo.

Whats the route after spooky wood? that was ace :D
  • peter413
    Super G then Hit Squad Hill then Pie Run or go up to the others (don't know their names)
  • Lou_m
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    mushroom pie and magic mushroom are superb!

Spooky wood is over rated and in a state of disrepair (well it was last summer anyways lol) its not worth the climb up spooky wood ascent imo.

Whats the route after spooky wood? that was ace :D

Maybe Spooky is over rated. The amount of folk i see up there, who have dragged their 7 inch travel dh bikes up with all the body armour on etc, always makes me smile. You can ride Spooky faster on a HT. These folk should get along to Inners and make use of all that travel and protection.
  • peter413
    i think they have taken the bikes and body armour for inners and the freeride park