Rant

dennisn
dennisn Posts: 10,601
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
So, they can send atoms and pieces of atoms flying around in mega, mega, billion dollar
partical accellerators, smash them together so they break into ever smaller pieces, record it all, and tell you about it time and again in scientific journals.

Why is it that they can't tell you for certain whether or not the knee over the pedal spindle is the way to go, or what your proper seat height is, or how far back or forward it should be, or if tubulars are better than clinchers or vice versa, or what's better, aero or light weight????? Why, why, why?

Comments

• antikythera
    antikythera Posts: 326
    They can....

Every expert on this forum can tell you exactly..... Unfortunately none (of these experts) agree with each other :D
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Stop that right now!
  • dennisn
    markos1963 wrote:
    He forgot to add if Campag is better than Shimano :wink:

You're right. A glaring omission. Sorry
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Your first three subjects concern animal bodies which are about as complicated as the universe in themselves; your last two are well understood and the answers are documented and straightforward, but most people prefer to ignore all that and have a good argument instead.
  • dennisn
    balthazar wrote:
    Your first three subjects concern animal bodies which are about as complicated as the universe in themselves; your last two are well understood and the answers are documented and straightforward, but most people prefer to ignore all that and have a good argument instead.

Aero vs lightweight and clincher vs tubular have been decided???? Why wasn't I told???
    Does this mean that we shall all find the answer to the holy grail of cycling questions shortly(i.e. Campy vs Shimano vs Sram)? I mean if tub vs clincher has been decided, surely the component group answer won't be long in coming??? :wink::wink:
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    dennisn wrote:
    balthazar wrote:

Aero vs lightweight and clincher vs tubular have been decided???? Why wasn't I told???
    Does this mean that we shall all find the answer to the holy grail of cycling questions shortly(i.e. Campy vs Shimano vs Sram)? I mean if tub vs clincher has been decided, surely the component group answer won't be long in coming??? :wink::wink:
    Between Campag and Shimano is a chasm which reaches deeply into humanity's core. Even infants have a preference. Twins, one of which quite liked Campag and the other Shimano, would be a crime against nature. Sram are just heathens.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    dennisn wrote:
    So, they can send atoms and pieces of atoms flying around in mega, mega, billion dollar
    partical accellerators, smash them together so they break into ever smaller pieces, record it all, and tell you about it time and again in scientific journals.

Why is it that they can't tell you for certain whether or not the knee over the pedal spindle is the way to go, or what your proper seat height is, or how far back or forward it should be, or if tubulars are better than clinchers or vice versa, or what's better, aero or light weight????? Why, why, why?

Sounds like you could do with a 'big bang'!
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    dennisn wrote:
    Does this mean that we shall all find the answer to the holy grail of cycling questions shortly(i.e. Campy vs Shimano vs Sram)?

My child, I give you the devine fourth path. :D
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • dennisn
    TommyEss wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Does this mean that we shall all find the answer to the holy grail of cycling questions shortly(i.e. Campy vs Shimano vs Sram)?

My child, I give you the devine fourth path. :D

Great, just great. I finally ALMOST make a decision on a new groupset and you post that.
    Thanks, thanks a lot. :evil: :evil: :x :x
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    You're welcome sugar plum!! :P
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...