Afan Monster, 75/100km... ANyone else having a go ?

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited August 2010 in MTB rides
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Fundraising ... nster.aspx

Me and two of the lads just entered ourselves up for this... bit daunting.. but really looking forward to it :)

Anyone else having a go ?

Comments

• phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    looks..fun? :) I'd really like to do something like this. But would like to do it with a friend, all my mates are xbox junkies.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Hmm, I hadn't seen this. I may be up for the 75km by September. :D
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    was thinking of giving it a go but my mate wants to do the Brecon beast but I think the monster looks more fun :-) I'm struggling with 20 km right now so I need to do some training! Had 3 colds in the last 6 weeks!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    welshkev wrote:
    was thinking of giving it a go but my mate wants to do the Brecon beast but I think the monster looks more fun :-) I'm struggling with 20 km right now so I need to do some training! Had 3 colds in the last 6 weeks!

Likewise. I'm currently on 20 miles a day (2 X 10 mile commutes). Did a 30 mile road ride the other day and it nearly killed me. Hopefully by September, I'll be ready...
  • weeksy59
    OUt of the 4 of us, none are up for this yet LOL..

However we've all entered so will be training hard.

I rekon currently i MIGHT be able to complete it.... but only 'might'
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    Is it to late to register?
    Online registration will be possible in January or February 2010 and numbers will be limited to approximately 400. Early pre-registration is recommended for what promises to be a hugely popular event, so please e-mail jwaters@macmillan.org.uk to pre-register now.
  • weeksy59
    i wouldn't bother mailing her LOL

Lets just say i sent more than a few mails without reply when trying to pay via card instead of cheque.
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    i sent email weeks ago and never had anything back
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • weeksy59
    Who wants to be my friend lads ?

One of the boys has pulled the plug... i'm getting the feeling the others will be following soon :oops:

I will do it on my own... but i'd rather not.

I assume it's possible to swap the place my mate has... if not i doubt they're actually going to care if you pretend you're him :)
  • rhyko7 wrote:
    i sent email weeks ago and never had anything back

always been very prompt when i've mailed.

looking at doing the 100km myself. they've moved the start to the Bettws Lodge as well so room all booked for the night before!!
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Doing the 100k with 3 mates staying at Bettws as well
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • yeah just hoping i'm fit enough :lol:

been doing a mixture of road and mtb all year, did 433 miles in July so building on that before the day really.

Should be a nice long day out!
  • trouty65
    trouty65 Posts: 65
    hi all me my son and a mate have entered the 75km. I also had no problem with email response.
    Am really looking forward to this altho confidence is still lacking a little. we ride regularly 3 times a week and managed a 33 miler over the north downs ranmoore/leith.pitch last week and at a slow pace i did'nt feel to bad. Am totally aware how hard this event (even the 75km) is going to be and for myself this will for sure be the hardesdt challenge i have taken onboard to date.
    Went to afan and did W2 a couple of months ago and did 45km :) i think this put the 75k into perspective for all of us.
    Loving the challenge and the training :)

We too are staying in the Bryn bettws cabins can anyone confirm if the start has been moved to here ?

thanks

paul
  • trouty65 wrote:

We too are staying in the Bryn bettws cabins can anyone confirm if the start has been moved to here ?

sure can, had a message via facebook and also a flyer posted out from MacMillan that came yesterday.