What to buy.

Comments

• golfergmc
    golfergmc Posts: 426
    Anyone?, really want to pull the trigger this week.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    If your first road bike, you need to get measured,ride a few, and buy the one that fits best.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Out of those I'd probably go for the Giant Defy 2.0. Tiagra shifters are IMHO much better than Sora.

Planet X have some good bikes for less than a grand, as do Ribble
    More problems but still living....
  • Tfund1
    Tfund1 Posts: 12
    go to a good shop. get fitted. tell them what you want to do. sportives, commute, race etc. they will show you a)what you fit and b)what suits your needs. make sure you can take it out for a test ride. enjoy the consumer experience and get something you like and that wont cripple you (physically and financially)
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Wilier.

But I would also check out planet x and Ribble - they have some good offers at the moment.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    As has been said, what do you want to do with the road bike? It really does make a difference knowing. The consensus on here seems to point to CAAD 9, Planet X and Ribble.

Planet X has the best specs, usually full Ultegra and carbon. Ribble has the prettiest IMO in the Gran Fondo.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • golfergmc
    golfergmc Posts: 426
    Really want it for road cycling possibly moving on to joining a club and getting up to about 50 mile runs, also I live in a hilly area if this makes any difference.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    If you don't know the geometry you want it really is worth going into a local bike shop to buy as others have said.
    You'll get a bike that fits and can take it back if you have issues or need something adjusting
    Hilly area will be a big plus as it will get you fitter quicker