Revolution 28

iain_j
iain_j Posts: 1,941
edited March 2010 in Track
Hoy vs Kenny ... I have never seen a match sprint like that. Freakin' awesome :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Yeah, there were no pleasantries and loads of aggression involved in that race. Fabulous! 8)

Both of them are looking sharp for the World Championships.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • iain_j
    Would that kind of riding get one of them disqualified at the Worlds?
  • It certianly wasn't a friendly. In serious competition - Probably be judged as 'competitive spirit'. I hope.

Either way, at the world - A Brit would've one!
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    iain_j wrote:
    Would that kind of riding get one of them disqualified at the Worlds?
    Not the initial move when Sir Chris dived under Jason Kenny and JK came back at him.

I didn't have full sighting of what happened in corner 1 of the last lap so wouldn't want to make a call - the comms and corner judges are very hot on lane violations in the last 200m and intentional/blatant aggression but could depend on who is calling it. I've seen equally hard moves with no warnings or relegations.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • iain_j
    Some great sprints all round last night. Hoy vs. Kenny, Hoy vs. Edgar, Crampton vs. Kenny ... thought Kanis might have given Pendleton the slip again in the final, but Vicky made it look easy.

Can't wait for the worlds :D
  • It was a cracking night.

I think the only thing missing was seeing a some pursuit riding and perhaps a live band.
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!
  • iain_j
    Would definitely like to see more pursuiting next season. Is it just me or have they had less "hybrid" events this season, like the madison kilo?

Found a great video of Hoy vs. Kenny on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcCBEAJXiLI
  • Jason would most likely to have been dq'd for coming off the track to get back infront of Hoy in the home straight on the bell.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Thought it was only in last 200m for that ?

Great ride by L.Rowe in Maddison and the 1km maddison (56.25s) come on the welsh 8)
  • 24.6.3 No competitor shall attempt to pass inside the
    sprinters line when a preceding rider is on the line or
    inside it.

the above is from the B.C. technical regs handbook. The rule about it being in the last 200m was removed a few years ago, and anyway the rule he infringed was riding off the actual track to complete his pass.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Bloody hell that must have been risjy at that speed :D Good handling skills then.