Vuelta a Murcia

timmyflash
timmyflash Posts: 526
edited March 2010 in Pro race
Does anyone know where there are some maps of the Murcia races? I can't translate their site or find maps on it..

Thanks
Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh

Comments

• Yeah, i saw this but was hoping for an idiot proof map so i could get by bearings.

Thanks though, might plot this myself

Fixeh
  • SparkyP
    SparkyP Posts: 259
    Hope the Endura boys have a good race.......

Mark
  • They usually have a live net feed, but I didn't see anything there.
    However, it does say this:
    The presence of foreign media in the Tour of Murcia is increasing every passing day. The last to apply for accreditation and information of Murcia have been round the Eurosport television network.

I assume, as his lordship is present, it's for "Planet", but maybe they'll do a Volta type package.....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    timmyflash wrote:
    Yeah, i saw this but was hoping for an idiot proof map so i could get by bearings.

Thanks though, might plot this myself

Click on the stage pages, then click Rutómetro - you get a street by street guide.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    They usually have a live net feed, but I didn't see anything there.
    However, it does say this:
    The presence of foreign media in the Tour of Murcia is increasing every passing day. The last to apply for accreditation and information of Murcia have been round the Eurosport television network.

I assume, as his lordship is present, it's for "Planet", but maybe they'll do a Volta type package.....
    For what it's worth, the TV channels are charging about €100,000 to televise a one day race, and about €40,000 per stage of a week long race. Some race organisers are struggling to get the funds for this but without the TV coverage the race will struggle to get teams and also backing from local government and sponsors alike.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting that it finishes the same day Paris Nice starts. For us that will mean two stages back to back to watch which is great and there are interesting names competing in both, although the majority are in Paris Nice. Wiggins first stage race of 2010 with Lance.

Several Spanish teams are not turning up due to various disagreements with the organisers, but even if these issues had been solved, would LLS and Valverde even raced their anyway given it would have meant missing PN? Maybe Valverde would have turned up due to it being his home region.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Doesn't look like you'll be watching back-to-back on Sunday, as a live Murcia feed seems very unlikely, now.
    I think it looks like we are in Belgium again, tomorrow for the GP Samyn. That's going to have a couple of hours of net feed.
    http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?com ... ne=cycling
    Saturday, there looks like live feed for the first time for the Eroica. :)

For back to back, we have to wait a week tomorrow, when T-A joins P-N on Eurosport.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I don't think Eroica is live:

http://www.gazzetta.it/grandeciclismo/m ... _n01.shtml

Says at the bottom the programme starts at 16.20, but the timetable has the race finishing at 15.18 :wink:

Still, swifty highlights are better than nothing.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Yeah, Raitre is 16-25 to 17-25CET, but word on the street is that there's a live feed.
    Same link has it as 13-00 to 15-45CET.
    The man from Sky says it's live, too, but may need to piggy back off a proxy Italian. :P

Anyhow, we'll find out come Saturday.

Cyclingfans now says that there will be a live feed for the race, tomorrow. :)
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Is there a live feed? Just checked cyclingfans and steephill.tv

...nowt. :(
  • zammmmo

• zammmmo

• steephill
    steephill Posts: 151
    timmyflash wrote:
    Does anyone know where there are some maps of the Murcia races? I can't translate their site or find maps on it..

Thanks

We posted interactive stage maps a couple hours ago:
    http://www.steephill.tv/vuelta-a-murcia/

No live video for stage 1. Murcia TV aired Bonanza and Starsky y Hutch reruns instead.
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue
  • timmyflash
    timmyflash Posts: 526
    Awesome - this is just what i'm after. Uknown to me, today the peleton passed about 100m away from where i'll be staying! Nice

Fixeh