Xtr m975 wheelset? Do i? dont i?

lapierre 700
lapierre 700 Posts: 259
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Just bought an xtr m975 wheelset.in terms of reviews they have had mixed responses.they seem 2 mostly have problems with the rear hub and the spokes.what r ur views guyz?only read the negative views after i bought them!!

Comments

• cup and cone bearings, as long as you care fo them and service them periodically they are fine. Great wheelsets the M975...... I run XTR hubs on DT rims and they are great.

Difference is that yours has SP spokes, which some say are not as good, but agai, if you're not really heavy, and don't take the pi55 with them they are great!!!
  • could I get the word 'great' in any more? :lol::lol:
  • Thanx dude, ive wanted a set of these for ages, but couldnt decide wheather to bite the bullet, will have to watch this space i suppose.There are so many products out there that its hard to know what to get!!I figured if they are shimano and xtr the quality would be the same as they were 10 years ago when i used to race.
    Nick
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Whats the point in asking AFTER you bought them?
  • The point i was trying to get across was do i keep em or sell them on!!
    Nick
  • Well, keep them, they will last ages if maintained properly, and are a top notch wheelset, I'd have them over the likes of others.... :)
  • apparently theyrrrrrrrrrre grrrrrreat.LOL