Voodoo Limba

alanmck1971
alanmck1971 Posts: 85
edited February 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi need some help?

I am looking for a road bike for communting and also possible for duathlon.
My local Halfords have the 08 model of Voodoo Limbafor £400. The guy in shop siad original price was £800.

I know nothing about bikes and have not heard of this make. Please advise.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... w&istBid=t

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    It's a bargain for £400. If it fits you and what you want is Cyclocross bike (not really a road bike) go for it. You won't be disappointed.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    Be aware that buying from Halfords, you may need to "optimise" the build before you ride it.

Be sure you know exactly what you're buying. Desc says "20 speed Shimano 105 Tiagra gears". Pic seems to have TruVativ chainset, can't make out the other components.

I'm assuming you do realise this is a cross bike, so you may want some slick tyres. Will it take mudguards easily?

Would suggest seeing it in the flesh before parting with your hard-earned, if you haven't done so already.

Googling "voodoo bikes" or somesuch should find more info. I think as a brand they are regarded well.
  • Thanks for feedback already but keep it coming.

I am going to sleep on it. I bought a Boardman Road Comp a year past Christmas. I have ridden it probably about a dozen times. I have an old mountain bike that I commute to my work with and have been looking at the Carrera town bikes but have not bitten yet. I do not know if I can justify cashing out £400 on a new bike but I was looking for a winter/commuting bike and this fits the bill. I am pretty tight with money but was wondering if this is a good deal.

Before I bought the Boardman I was looking at cyclocross bikes but they were all starting of at £700 to £800.

I was thinking about selling on the Boardman and was thinking that this fits the bill as a replacement.

Would I look silly riding this in a duathlon?

I reckon I could probably clear £450 selling on my Boardman 08 bike.

I
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    The vodoo looks great IMO I thought they went for a grand?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    A pair of narrow road tyres should keep you sorted for a duathlon - might want to fit a shorter, angled stem if fitting tri-bars too. I use a cross bike for training too - it's lighter and stiffer than some of my road bikes.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Me too - I have a tricross
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.