what size bike?

pbartez
pbartez Posts: 5
edited February 2010 in Road beginners
hi - can anyone advise - i am getting confused with bike sizes. i am 1m 95 with long legs and think i should bet going for a 61/62 cm in size, but a lot of frames only go up to 60. i am looking at the focus cayo, raleigh avanti which are up to 60 and a felt z85 which goes up to 61.
i think getting a 60 cm shouldn't pose too much of a problem if i raise the saddle and lower bars to get the reach - but can anyone advise me on this - or should i go for the bigger frame.

i am going to a bike shop in kingston tomorrow, but would appreciate any words of wisdom people have so i know what i am talking about!

cheers

paul

Comments

• Hi, I'm 197cm and use a 61cm size frame which fits me nicely. I went for Cannondale because they go up to 63cm until you go to a shop and try some frames you're in the land of the gods. :)
    I don't sleep with my bike really!

002-2.jpgSummer Bike
  • Are you happy with the angle of your saddle? :shock:
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Go to the shop and try some out - any decent shop will include a full bike fit/measuring service as well FOC if you buy from them. If they don't, walk away and go somewhere that does.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    There is no straight answer, the geometary of the frame affects which size is best for you.

You need to get to a shop or two and try some
    Richard

Giving it Large