Any Andover or surrounding area riders looking for buddies

BH badknee
BH badknee Posts: 6
edited March 2010 in MTB rides
Hi all
Am based in Andover and ride as often as possiable.
Looking for anyone in Andover or surrounding areas to ride with find new trails etc.
Got a few routes i use alot but always looking for somewhere new and riders to ride with, gets abit boaring on your own some times.

Paul

Comments

• i live in salisbure and ive heered the test vally is supposed to be pretty good? im gonna be taking a trip up there in the next couple of weeks when i got some time off if your intrested?

Fletch.
    Chuck Norris tore up the periodic table as he only belives in the element of suprise!!
  • the above message is supposed to read, i live in Salisbury.
    Chuck Norris tore up the periodic table as he only belives in the element of suprise!!
  • id3al
    id3al Posts: 9
    hi to all im from andover and have just started riding got myself a kona stinky and i would like people to ride with if they are up for it even tho i have lived here all my life still dont know the best places to ride even thinking about finding a good spot to build a down hill course . would be willing to travel to the place within distance ( sailsbury / tidworth / basingstoke /winchester etc) if any 1 is intrested let me know would b great to here from you as dont know many riders in my area

thanks bruce
  • id be up for that too i ride a Santa Cruz Blur LTC so would love to throw it down some hills if anybody knows of any in the area?
  • id3al
    well havent yet found a goodspot to build 1 yet but there is plenty of places to explore sum nice rides aswell been riding round alot resenlty only problem seems to b is that god dam snow we had has saturated the ground alot so spongey atm in most forest's i have been to.
    there is a few other places i have been reading about on the net but i do know its wet ride them atm aswell haha roll on the summer :)
  • Don't know of any downhill around here but there are miles of routes to ride if just getting out riding in the Test Valley is what you are after. I regularly do miles around it on a Saturday, but its so boggy right now I'm using the road bike :cry: apart from last weekend when I got a tour of Longmoor from a mate over near Petersfield :D

Just north of Andover there are some woods we did as part of a test Valley ride one year. Cant remember the name right now

Farley Mount near Winchester is trying to get some legal tracks built with the land owners and the group can be found on Facebook.
  • id3al
    yea collingbourne woods and the chutes is north of andover i think great riding out there duno how wet that will be atm lots if hill's there to. Doin a ride from andover 2 romsey and beyond in the a few weeks if any 1 is intrested ? nice ride few roads but not many mostly cross country mybe a good 5-6 hour ride. long time since i have done that ride tho so it could b more or less time
  • Hi ...I live just out side Stockbridge and I ride around the byways of Test Valley most Sundays.
  • suggy758
    suggy758 Posts: 1
    Try Tidworth freeride club, they have also some xc guys too. They are BC registered as well.
    http://www.myspace.com/tidworthfreeride
  • id3al
    Yea tryed that still waiting on a reply for directions to the place as I could b anywere in tidworth :?
  • percy758
    percy758 Posts: 6
    They(Tidworth Freeride club) mainly use Facebook my mistake! Join the group online ask the administrator he will guide you from then on. Hope this helps