Argon18 E114
Specialized Langster Single Speed
Scott Spark Expert 29'er
GT Avalanche
http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk

Comments

• nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    They have not had a great 6 nations so far, thats for sure!
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    better than a wooden spoon but :D
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Let's face it - they can't score tries. They've relied on a kicking game for years and it's boring, so I'm glad JW's drop goal didn't win it for them.

a serious case of small cogs
  • just aswell they are better at cycling than rugby
    Planet x Pro Carbon - White
    Old 1987 Peugeot Comete - Had since new my true love
    Trek 7200 - Commuter
    Specialized Rockhooper SL
    Coming Soon:
    BMX + Cyclocross
  • England started well, throwing ball wide - Ireland handled it easily enough so they reverted to type, keeping it tight. Didn't work! Not laughing... really :( :? :shock: :):D:lol:
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    :cry: - was at a party & only managed to catch Englands low lights
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    TOTAL CRAP? They weren't THAT good!!!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I posted on here ages ago when Johnson was appointed that he would make a good manager but not head coach as he has no experience. Seems like I was right, he is too loyal to certain players and lacks tactical awareness.
    Why is Shaw still being picked, he is too old and will never make the world cup. Why not change No 10 when playing bad during game, Flood deserves a chance. The centre pairing are too similar, no one to take the flak off wilko like Greenwood used to. Yesterday at least Wilko was flatter lining up in attack but then the centres were no where near him!! I like Fodden full back but for some reason Armitage seems to be another favourite.
    The two wingers never leave their wing and go looking for the ball in field, agian this would help wilko. Look how Tommy Bow, Shane WIlliams, Halfpenny go infield.
    Maybe they should have even looked at managing Cipriani a bit better, he has a huge ego but he is a talented player that should not be totally ignored.
    There are some good players around they just need to be given a chance.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Is it any surprise? Ireland are hardly slackers when it comes to rugby
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • stonehouse
    stonehouse Posts: 222
    Ireland played a good game, plenty of turnovers, the English players weren't putting in the efforts that they were. Something very wrong with this English team, JW is frightened to have the ball these days as they target him continually. Flately/fluety's shirt was still white well into the second half, shows how much effort he put in. As soon as I saw O'hara coming on I knew he would boot it down the field and score. Just as well that the Irish didn't have more of the ball otherwise the scoreline would have been much worse. Time for change in management IMHO.
  • Consider yourselves lucky. At least you have a couple of victories, I had to watch Scotland play terribly. And this after last week, where we threw away 65 minutes of great play with 15 minutes of idiocy.

PS I would agree, you should change your manager. And I would ditch JW too, he doesn't have the confidence he used to, and his kicking isn't the uber-dependable weapon it used to be.
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    PS I would agree, you should change your manager. And I would ditch JW too, he doesn't have the confidence he used to, and his kicking isn't the uber-dependable weapon it used to be.

Keeping him in the team and trying to improve their game is like someone trying to give up smoking carrying a pack of 20 in their pocket all the time.

Until they forget the "glory days" and finally relinquish their reliance on the tedious kicking game they will never progress. They tried to hold the ball for the first 15 minutes, but as soon as they came under pressure they reverted to type.

a serious case of small cogs