Have i done the right thing?

what brakes
what brakes Posts: 328
edited February 2010 in Road buying advice
ive just gone and bought a new Wilier izoard with chorus and fulcrum 1's! awsome! :D

now comes the bad thing! the mrs doesnt know? have i done the right thing? and will it be worth it as im fairly confident i will be sleeping in the garden for a fair old while? :twisted: :cry:

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Tell her it's a cheap hack from Halfords.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    I told my wife i got an amazing deal, hundreds of pounds off as it was an ex display model, complete lie. Hope you don't have a joint account or you're stuffed!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pretend you found it...
    Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    ive just gone and bought a new Wilier izoard with chorus and fulcrum 1's! awsome! :D

now comes the bad thing! the mrs doesnt know? have i done the right thing? and will it be worth it as im fairly confident i will be sleeping in the garden for a fair old while? :twisted: :cry:

I done this with a De Rosa some years ago, she didn't talk to me for a week......but it was worth it!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    It's always better to apologise for something you have done than regret something you haven't :wink::D:D:D:D
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Don`t sweat the small stuff. :lol:
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Everyone knows wilier are a proper budget make that print carbon look graphics onto the frames! You got it on sale at Argos, yeah?

Lie through your teeth, she'll only do the same about that new "Primark" handbag.

:wink:

I'm a bit screwed now. We're just about to finish building the missus' new bike up. It's gorgeous, I'd like it myself and she's over the moon with it but she now has a pretty good understanding of exactly how much bike bits cost having built it from the frame up.

I tried to blame it all on the exchange rates but she's not that stupid!
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198

Easy solved

Say to your Mrs - Ive ordered a bike that cost £4k

Your Mrs Will say '£4k - we could have had a car for that' - let her rant a little ....and then say ......Actually it was only £2k !!!!!!

She will say £2k - I suppose thats not so bad

Great Bike - Should have gone ultegra though !

I told my wife I was buying an izoard for £2.5k - when I brought a kuota for £1.5k - she was actually ok about it .....so it does work !
  • funnily i was gunna go ultegra! but thought italian + italian fits well and i like the carbon on the campag stuff. not that it would bother me mixing stuff up as i normally like to be different. :lol:

Trouble is the mrs isnt stupid at all! she's rather switched on! when i got my other bike it cost me £1300 and i said i got it on a cycle to work scheme that only allows a max of £600. :oops:

Mind you i have sweetened her with a holiday that im meant to be booking! i will book that and tell her about it when my bits turn up and she finds them! that might help alittle. :roll:

It should be a very nice ride so will be worth a week of silence! infact maybe i should go for 2 weeks of silence by getting super record! now thats a good idea! hmmm
  • kingrollo
    funnily i was gunna go ultegra! but thought italian + italian fits well and i like the carbon on the campag stuff. not that it would bother me mixing stuff up as i normally like to be different. :lol:

Trouble is the mrs isnt stupid at all! she's rather switched on! when i got my other bike it cost me £1300 and i said i got it on a cycle to work scheme that only allows a max of £600. :oops:

Mind you i have sweetened her with a holiday that im meant to be booking! i will book that and tell her about it when my bits turn up and she finds them! that might help alittle. :roll:

It should be a very nice ride so will be worth a week of silence! infact maybe i should go for 2 weeks of silence by getting super record! now thats a good idea! hmmm

I know what you mean - although my Kouta cost £1500 - the sweeteners cost a whole lot more:-

Family holiday £2k
    Widescreen TV £600
    Fridge & Patio Door £900

only then could I buy my new bike !
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    When I got my new bike last week I made sure the wife got something too. She wasn't over the moon with the tumble dryer, more quietly pleased, but it seemed to help :D
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    tell her you won a competition and first prize was the bike...

TBH as long as my bikes look the same (black) I seem to be able to get away with it :lol:
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • kingrollo
    APIII wrote:
    When I got my new bike last week I made sure the wife got something too. She wasn't over the moon with the tumble dryer, more quietly pleased, but it seemed to help :D

Brilliant !
  • i was gunna try and get a blue bike and just swap them over! but the bike i wanted doesnt come in blue! lol plus red is faster everyone knows that! :roll:

Just hope the bike is worth all the expense and effort! :oops:
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901

I done this with a De Rosa some years ago, she didn't talk to me for a week......but it was worth it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if that would work for me lol
    ( starts looking at new bike :wink: )