Double the risk of monapleocyclotrechophobia

bompington
bompington Posts: 7,674
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
My 9 year old daughter Bompette is a joy, as well as being adorable for all kinds of reasons she is a serious club runner and also pretty handy on the bike or in the pool.
As of 4:45 yesterday morning she has a baby sister!
4390174709_91d7bbdce7.jpg
Who is her father's delight - that's what Abigail means. She looks like she's going to go much the same way as her older sister - which is what's bringing on the doubly serious bout of monapleocyclotrechophobia: the fear that your daughter is going to grow up to be a triathlete.

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Congrats bompington! :D
    Cycling weakly
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Big congrats my friend...its a great feeling!
  • Couldnt you get a less "dodgy" looking mate to hold your new born while you took the photo?

Kidding :wink: , congrats fellah.
  • Looks like a skier to me...but first appearances (it it her first appearance after all) can be deceptive.

But I think you should call her Mona for short - that Monapleocyclotrechophobia name is going to seriously upset her chances in school.

Well done, mother and father, by the way!
  • bompington
    Couldnt you get a less "dodgy" looking mate to hold your new born while you took the photo?

I never got round to posting on the "mine are bigger than yours" forum the other day but those 27" thighs should be unmistakeable
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Woo hoo!

Congrats mate!
  • bompington
    Looks like a skier to me
    You know I think you may be right, she's holding those poles properly for the tuck - hands forward and together, not tucked into the armpits like most folk do round here. Her big bro & sis are certainly quite handy on planks, and there was plenty snow around the day she was born too.
  • Many congratulations.

Believe me, in 21 years' time today will seem like only yesterday, eeeerrrrrr if you get my drift. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • She has already had a wii in the corner
  • She has already had a wii in the corner

Is she crawling already :shock: ?
  • bompington wrote:
    Couldnt you get a less "dodgy" looking mate to hold your new born while you took the photo?

I never got round to posting on the "mine are bigger than yours" forum the other day but those 27" thighs should be unmistakeable

Meh, photoshop :wink:
  • bompington
    She has already had a wii in the corner

Is she crawling already :shock: ?
    No, she had a bath tonight so she's really clean.

Right now she says surfing the BR forums is way better than sleeping though...
  • congratulations
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bompington wrote:
    My 9 year old daughter Bompette is a joy, as well as being adorable for all kinds of reasons she is a serious club runner and also pretty handy on the bike or in the pool.
    As of 4:45 yesterday morning she has a baby sister!
    4390174709_91d7bbdce7.jpg
    Who is her father's delight - that's what Abigail means. She looks like she's going to go much the same way as her older sister - which is what's bringing on the doubly serious bout of monapleocyclotrechophobia: the fear that your daughter is going to grow up to be a triathlete.

Congratulations mate, she is lovely. looks like she is in an aero tuck already. :D
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Congratulations, mate :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Congratulations to you and the missus.

Time flys too soon. Before you know it they will be grown up and moving out. It won't be so much like loosing a daughter than it will be like gaining a bathroom. :lol:
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Well Done all concerned. Aren't they small at that age? They grow so quickly that this, initial, stage is gone in a flash. You will need a larger trailer now.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • bompington
    Thought I needed one of her big sis too who won her XC race on Sunday: there's no bore like a proud Dad bore but I don't care
    4398100215_38fb9ba024_o.jpg
    Bompette number 470 in the lead, where she stayed the whole way. Respect, too, to 150 who won the series by a total of 3 seconds from her.