Cheap Road frame ?

Lazarus
Lazarus Posts: 1,426
edited March 2010 in Workshop
It appears my Specialized Allez 54cm medium frame has developed a lovely crack by the bottom bracket :(

I use it for training and commuting so not to fussed with what i replace it with , so the question is has anyone seen any bargain frames online that i could buy to replace it with ? :)
A punctured bicycle
On a hillside desolate
Will nature make a man of me yet ?

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Have a look at Ribble, their frames are reasonably priced, plus they have ex-display etc on sale at the moment:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/assets/im ... ce2010.pdf
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Don't forget that you need to make sure that your forks will fit.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    FWIW many Specialized frames have a lifetime warranty - you may find yourself with a replacement. The older blue an white ones from a few years ago were notorious for falling apart - our club is sponsored by Specialized and some riders are on their 4th or 5th frame.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Lazarus
    Thanks for the heads up about the Ribble site and today i think I'll pop back to the shop to see what they think :)

I'll let you know how i get on .
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
  • We have a 53cm aluminium Claud Butler Levante frame available @ £70, if that is of any help.
    Regards,
    www.cyclesclements.co.uk
  • Lazarus
    Just a quick update it seems the frame is still covered by the warranty so a new one is on the way :D

Also thanks fpr the heads up CC it might have come in useful if things had worked out differently.
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
  • Wamas
    Wamas Posts: 256
    Specialized frame warranties are normally very good, I have read many post about some of the other large companies, but I have never heard a bad report from specialized.
  • ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo