Wales, so close but yet so far!

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
Good to see Wales playing better rugby this evening against the French. Sadly, they just couldn't finish it. Without question, Wales played a better format of rugby. However, with Lee Byrne's two important miss kicks and Wales not getting their act together in the 1st half, really cost them the game. However, it was great to See Wales fight back and putting the French under real pressure. Must of been around 10 mins where the French lost their game plan, sadly Wales did not capitalise on this. There were great moments of Welsh flair, especially with Shane Williams at the end, great stuff!

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    It was a great match to watch, but Wales can't expect to win by playing only 30 minutes of good rugby in the second-half, especially from 20-0 down.
    Cycling weakly
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Sooooo frustrating to watch though. All three matches have been the same - patches of brilliance surrounded by long periods of mediocrity.

The first half was dire. Too impatient whenever we got into the French half with Stephen Jones too eager to force it - first with the grubber into the corner, then there was another time when he tried to kick it over the top. Why not keep the ball and try to build phases? Although I guess that's easier said than done when the French defence is so good.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I see the French are trying to get Shane Williams for one of their club sides!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    skyd0g wrote:
    Wales can't expect to win by playing only 30 minutes of good rugby in the second-half
    Why not, it's worked before (just ask the Scots)
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    bompington wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:
    Wales can't expect to win by playing only 30 minutes of good rugby in the second-half
    Why not, it's worked before (just ask the Scots)

Well, Wales didn't really play good rugby - Scotland just threw it away.

-Spider-
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    edited February 2010
    funs over for another year, just making up the numbers now

predicted france a grandslam before the tournament began and i maintain that statement even though they had a poor 2nd half and while they were down to 14 wales played class ball. just didnt dominate enough. byrnes kicking was lacking and still too many errors being made. if jamie roberts had made the early pass to hook in one of the final plays, we'd have gone on to win that match

its such a shame as Wales had a world class defence when shaun edwards first joined, where has that magic gone?
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I see the French are trying to get Shane Williams for one of their club sides!

Well he gave them a match winning pass last night, so he may as well. :lol::lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."