What do i need to go tubeless!

Mootanclan
Mootanclan Posts: 63
edited February 2010 in MTB general
I want to go tubeless but what do i need? my bike has alex dp17 rims and kenda komodo 2.1's on. What do i need or change as i have a phobia about puntures and i am currently weighing in at 16.3 stone and i woory my weight might add to the problem and before you ask i do make sure my tyres are as hard as stuart pearce's thighs :?
Cube Peleton Race 2013
Cube cross race cx 2016

I have a cycling problem work gets in the way!!!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i dont mean to be brief but this comes up pretty regularly so the following link is pretty concise with some goo dlinks in it, hope it helps:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... t=tubeless
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Depends, you can either buy a tbeless kit like joes or stans or you can go ghetto using a 20" tube or the gaffa tape and valve method, both covered on you tube. I used the gaffa tape method with bontrager mudx tubeless ready tyres and it worked a treat
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    If you have a phobia about punctures then going tubeless won't cure it, you can still get flats with a tubeless set up (either plug the hole or put a tube in if it happens and doesn't seal), main benefit is you can run lower tyre pressures and will eliminate pinch flats.