Absolute fu@@ing disgrace, what price a life.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
Having lived in the Netherlands for the past 18 years i thought i,d got used to the rediculously low sentences that are handed out for even the most serious crimes. However, yesterdays case beats the lot. A 33 year old German lorry driver crashed into the back of stationary traffic. The driver admits he was not paying attention to the road at the time. He was driving at 80Km/h and police revealed that the brakes were not applied prior to impact. As a result this man killed four members of the same family. Yesterday the driver was given a four month suspended jail sentence,ordered to to 240 hours of community service in his own country and handed a 2 year driving ban. Four people from the same family are dead and all this Twat gets is a suspended four month sentence. Here is a link to the story, hope it translates ok.http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2193818/cha ... -niet.html
Ademort :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• That is beyond outrageous.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Urrrgh, one of thos4e things that you need to look at fro all points of view.

The guy was obviously knackered-no excuse.

Time we started to stop greedy fat cats pushing unachievable targets IMO.

Someone from some bank gave up their 1m+ bonus. I don't see that as a good thing, more a greedy b@stard taking more than they earn. IMHO
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Someone from some bank gave up their 1m+ bonus.

err, that would be the Lloyds Chief Exec. Very magnanimous of him. Still, his salary of over £1m and his £3m long term share incentive will help to soften the blow in his household when the winter gas bill lands (mine was fecking eye watering).
  • That's what i meant, that kind of bonus should never been offered in the 1st place. I survive on 800 quid a month, so why does he need that much?

Communism is beautiful in theory, un-fortunatley humans are greedy feckers so it never works out as it does in theory :(
  • That's what i meant, that kind of bonus should never been offered in the 1st place. I survive on 800 quid a month, so why does he need that much?

Communism is beautiful in theory, un-fortunatley humans are greedy feckers so it never works out as it does in theory :(

On a small scale communism does work. Think of those small tribes who live lifestyles beit fur trapping or just getting enough food etc to get you through. But as a "community" they all work for the common good.

Unfortunately when you introduce things such as money and try and transpose the principle onto a population of millions it's not the success it really should be.
    Tail end Charlie

• I know, who want's to work in a factory dealing with animal entrails when they know they could be sat in an office................................
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287

Someone from some bank gave up their 1m+ bonus. I don't see that as a good thing, more a greedy b@stard taking more than they earn. IMHO

Was he a truck driver for a large multi-national bank?
    Is that the new way of transporting large quanities of cash across continents...? :wink:

If not don't quite see the relevance...
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • nolf wrote:

Is that the new way of transporting large quanities of cash across continents...? :wink:

I may be wrong but I think the implication is that the driver was possibly fatigued due to working/driving excessive hours in the interest of company costs. Much like the financial implications were partly to blame in the hearald of free enterprise (Zeebrugge) disaster.
    Tail end Charlie

• ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    nolf wrote:

I may be wrong but I think the implication is that the driver was possibly fatigued due to working/driving excessive hours in the interest of company costs. Much like the financial implications were partly to blame in the hearald of free enterprise (Zeebrugge) disaster.
    There were no reports of excessive hours driven by the lorry driver, but what it did say was that it was proven that the driver had not be paying attention for some time before the crash and not just moments before the crash as he stated. Dont ask me how they can prove that, as it does not say. Perhaps if there are any lorry drivers or police who could explain that to me and to other forum members,.There was no mention of cctv cameras so how did they know he was not paying attention for a longer time?
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • ademort wrote:
    nolf wrote:

There were no reports of excessive hours driven by the lorry driver, but what it did say was that it was proven that the driver had not be paying attention for some time before the crash and not just moments before the crash as he stated. Dont ask me how they can prove that, as it does not say. Perhaps if there are any lorry drivers or police who could explain that to me and to other forum members,.There was no mention of cctv cameras so how did they know he was not paying attention for a longer time?
    Ademort
    Perhaps other drivers had witnessed him driving in an erratic manner (weaving about the road etc).

Still a terrible sentence though.
    Tail end Charlie

• shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited February 2010
    tachograph records probably showed no input to the brakes or accelerator from him for some time before the crash.

we had one over here in much the same vein. A portugese truck driver ploughed into a family of 6 and obliterated them in bad weather at night and his laptop showed activity moments before he crashed.

he got 6 concurrent 3 year sentances and was told he'd serve 18 months before being let out on licence. He admitted seeing matrix signs telling him of a previous accident and stationary traffic ahead.
  • ademort wrote:
    Having lived in the Netherlands for the past 18 years i thought i,d got used to the rediculously low sentences that are handed out for even the most serious crimes. However, yesterdays case beats the lot. A 33 year old German lorry driver crashed into the back of stationary traffic. The driver admits he was not paying attention to the road at the time. He was driving at 80Km/h and police revealed that the brakes were not applied prior to impact. As a result this man killed four members of the same family. Yesterday the driver was given a four month suspended jail sentence,ordered to to 240 hours of community service in his own country and handed a 2 year driving ban. Four people from the same family are dead and all this fool gets is a suspended four month sentence. Here is a link to the story, hope it translates ok.http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2193818/cha ... -niet.html
    Ademort :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"Daniel Tschetter, 51, was convicted in May of five counts of manslaughter and one count of obstruction of justice in the collision that killed a couple and three children.

In December 2007, Tschetter's concrete mixer truck smashed into the back of a car that had stopped at a red light at 194th Avenue and Macleod Trail S.E., dragging it about 275 metres. The car ended up lodged under the bigger vehicle."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/ ... z0gkl2VE3n
    "Daniel Tschetter will serve 5-and-1/2 years in jail for slamming his cement truck into the back of a car, killing five people inside the vehicle. The Cochrane man has also been banned for life from driving a commercial vehicle. Outside court, family members of his victims spoke with reporters. "

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Vid ... z0gklNZttd

still not enough...
    Cervelo Soloist
    Cervelo P2 (Carbon)
    Trek 4500
    some sort of cx bike

It's not that cold out, it's just a bit windy.

http://www.ridecalgary.blogspot.com

www.bikecalgary.org
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    ademort wrote:
    nolf wrote:

Ademort

Because the young lady giving him a hand and blow job prior to the accident admitted as much :wink: .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.