Lake district?

albaman
albaman Posts: 88
edited February 2010 in Routes
Hello, i am a new dad and we are going to centre parcs for our holidays this year, at whinfell forest. i will be getting away on the bike one morning but i have no idea where to go. i live in south west scotland and have done all the 7 stanes. i'm looking for something like kirroughtree red route, that sort of thing. can anyone tell me the best place to go for a good mtb ride.

many thanks

Davie

Comments

• stu47t
    stu47t Posts: 33
    Whinlatter forest is along the A66 near keswick. The Altura trail there is a good red route.
    Santa Cruz Nomad
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • i live in south west scotland and have done all the 7 stanes
    Me too :lol:
    Uaually do Whinfell for Xmas with kids+grandkids

Whinlatter is a good option. Take the family down for a day out/recce, good cafe, bike shop, walks etc.
    There is also the Borrowdale Bash and a couple of options around Skiddaw
    Various web sites have these routes, search on here or pop into Keswick Mountain Bikes or any Lakes bike shop and purchase a route map for a few ££s. Or call/mail them and get one sent up. But get an OS map if doing anything other than Whinlatter.
    Fancy a ride sometime? Mabie/Ae/Dalbeattie are my usual haunts. Night riding @ Mabie tonight.
  • +1 for whinlatter

Congrats on the new dad thing :P
  • thanks, aye a bike ride sounds good. i enjoy mabie, when will yo be going out there next?
  • i enjoy mabie, when will yo be going out there next?
    Probably some day during the week, it is an easy 7ml ride form my house. Weekdays this week due to me working next weekend and this(work shifts)