Sellers Etiquette

Gazzaputt
Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
As a seller if the buyer makes an immediate payment as asked how long to wait to then send this item to the buyer?

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    As a seller if the buyer makes an immediate payment as asked how long to wait to then send this item to the buyer?
    Despatch within 24 hrs, I would say - failing that an email to say when it will be/was posted.

I always thank my buyers for payment and keep them updated as to when it will be/was posted.

Tell us more then! :D
  • Gazzaputt
    Well keep being told the item will be sent but never is. No excuses from the seller just delays.My thought is if someone promises to mail something within 48hrs and doesn't then promises it'll be the next day, the next day etc I've a right to a bit peeded off.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Yeah, I would be peed off - better to be honest and say you can't get to the post office for 5 days, or whatever, than leave people wondering if it's lost, etc.

Is it Ebay?
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    If buying from here then I'm happy to give the seller a few days. I understand people have lives to live and things to do, so don't expect people to do it straight away.

but If they said it will posted on day X then I expect it to be posted on day X and would be annoyed if they kept delaying without proper excuses.
  • Gazzaputt
    Not Ebay sale a private transaction from another site. paid for via Paypal so I have some come back.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    As the others have indicated... You have paid in good faith, do not accept constant put offs...
    Go to the forum used, and name/shame him/her... :evil:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Gazzaputt
    800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png