Insurance

robinhood
robinhood Posts: 74
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Anyone used these for insuring their bike?

Looking to take some insurance out and was recommended these

http://www.cyclecover.org.uk/

cheers

Comments

• It depends what you want insurance for. If its just against theft, it might be cheaper to put it on your house insurance.

The one in the link will have alot more cover though.

Dawg
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    If going with specific bike insurance go through the small print with a fine toothed comb,there tend to be lots of "get out clauses"Most also specify what locks/security measures you have to have to comply.
    Marks and Spencer house insurance covers bikes up to £4k for free.I'm switching to them.
    My bikes are covered on my current House insurance as named items at a cost of £6 a month.They're covered home and away with no compulsory security measures.
  • gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    Like all bike insurances you will get raped once your bikes worth over £5K :(
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    gezzza wrote:

LOL how so ?

A motorcycle of that value will cost ITRO £300 a year. Anything less than that for a £5000 bike and you're laughing ?
  • gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    weeksy59 wrote:
    gezzza wrote:

LOL how so ?

A motorcycle of that value will cost ITRO £300 a year. Anything less than that for a £5000 bike and you're laughing ?

its about £1 for every £10 of bike upto £5K then it just gets plain silly

My quote for my bike £780 a year
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    weeksy59 wrote:
    gezzza wrote:

LOL how so ?

Try and get a quote for less than £300 on a £5k bike with bicycle specific insurance.
  • Wow, I just did a quick quote thing on the OP link. Over £340 more than my home insurance. It doesnt give any more cover.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Added all mine to the house insurance for £6 a month covered home and away as long as they are locked (Company = Nationwide).
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160