Iinstitute of advanced motorists poll

goldsmith_robert
goldsmith_robert Posts: 144
edited February 2010 in Campaign
CYCLING POLL Please see below - the Institute of Advanced Motorists is having a poll about cycling which no doubt they will slant toward driving us off the roads.

Anyway, this is a chance to stick our oar in a bit as cyclists - perhaps if enough of us reply and they don't get the result they expect they will quietly forget about it.

http://www.iam.org.uk/iam_polls/

This poll will close on the 10th March 2010 at 5:00pm.
Ca roule ma poule?

Comments

• bprice
    bprice Posts: 61
    Hi Rob....Done mate!!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Me too. For info this topic has also appeared in " Cake Stop" ...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12681322
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    the problem with this poll is the various options are all unsavoury except the 20mph one.

I actually ticked 'other' and pointed that out in the box.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    Click on results - I think as cyclists we are doing well!
  • priory wrote:
    the problem with this poll is the various options are all unsavoury except the 20mph one.

I think the 20mph limit is also unsatisfactory, since 20mph is lower than I need to do when training for threshold. I checked the 'other' button and called for better education for drivers in cyclist rights. It would help if more drivers knew that our place wasn't on the pavement.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Sirius631 wrote:
    priory wrote:

I think the 20mph limit is also unsatisfactory, since 20mph is lower than I need to do when training for threshold. I checked the 'other' button and called for better education for drivers in cyclist rights. It would help if more drivers knew that our place wasn't on the pavement.

Not a massive fan of 20mph around here either. OK around schools imo (even after hours as the kids have extra curricular stuff until 8pm at times) Seems pointless to have sub 30 imo and would rather have that across the board (except for dual carriageways and m/ways and very wide roads)
  • downfader wrote:
    Sirius631 wrote:
    priory wrote:

Not a massive fan of 20mph around here either. OK around schools imo (even after hours as the kids have extra curricular stuff until 8pm at times) Seems pointless to have sub 30 imo and would rather have that across the board (except for dual carriageways and m/ways and very wide roads)

+1 about the school thing, although I believe that these should be variable. There is a school on Victoria Avenue in Middleton, Manchester. The road has been restricted to 20mph and the warning signs flash the warning all weekend long, even though there are no school kids about and Victoria Ave is a main road.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.