edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
Anyone been watching it?

At what point was one-man luge not enough? :D

luge.jpg

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    hey where did they get a hold of my new commuting clothing range? :D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Mixed doubles could be interesting... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    hopper1 wrote:
    I was thinking of a whole new event - the Skuge - which is a 2-person event and the positioning is a combination of the skeleton and the luge... :lol:
  • hopper1
    Ands wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:
    I was thinking of a whole new event - the Skuge - which is a 2-person event and the positioning is a combination of the skeleton and the luge... :lol:

Yeah.... I like that, Ands.... I reckon the popularity of the sport would rocket after the first showing :D:D:D
    Right... To the garage!
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Ands wrote:
    Anyone been watching it?

At what point was one-man luge not enough? :D

luge.jpg

Those crazy Europeans. If it were mixed, who would get to be on top?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    hopper1 wrote:

Doggy-style mixed doubles even more so!
  • GiantMike wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:

At least I wouldnt get caught watching the telly as I was once upon a time many moons ago :oops:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    GiantMike wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:

Well, the event could incorporate a system whereby points are awarded for style and technical difficulty . :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    As far as I know there are 2 sets of brothers competing in this event, close family. :shock:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    dmclite wrote:
    As far as I know there are 2 sets of brothers competing in this event, close family. :shock:

It's OK. One lot's from Gloucester and the other's from Norwich.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    Aggieboy wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

Phew.
  • Anonymous
    I thought that was the new Rapha Skinsuit...
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    dmclite wrote:

Not the luge, but the skating (pairs). The top Brits are brother and sister, pairs figure skating is quite intimate with all sorts of crotch carrying and stuff, seems a bit wrong to me. As far as I'm aware they're not from Norwich or Gloucester.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    hammerite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

Not the luge, but the skating (pairs). The top Brits are brother and sister, pairs figure skating is quite intimate with all sorts of crotch carrying and stuff, seems a bit wrong to me. As far as I'm aware they're not from Norwich or Gloucester.

Or maybe the Ise of Man
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Aggieboy wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

I think you mean Kings Lynn
  • Ands wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:

i love ands idea of the skuge :D
    will make a very good spectator sport but will only be good as mixed or womens only event :lol:
  • hopper1
    markos1963 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

I think you mean Kings Lynn

Errm... Southwold is the place for that! :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    hammerite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

+1 surely there comes a point where the parents think "hang on, this is inappropriate and we ought to put them with other partners". I felt uncomfortable watching.

In the skuge you would need an optimum time of 69 seconds :wink:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Pross wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

+1 surely there comes a point where the parents think "hang on, this is inappropriate and we ought to put them with other partners". I felt uncomfortable watching.

In the skuge you would need an optimum time of 69 seconds :wink:

They started out with different partners, but now skate together for some reason. I wonder if either of them have partners and whether the partners get a little jealous :shock: :lol: