Contador 2011

calvjones
calvjones Posts: 3,850
edited February 2010 in Pro race
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/fe ... ne-ferrari

Alonso's potential team looking more and more likely.

The sponsorship would be pocket change for Santander (who did very well out of the credit crunch) and I can see it being de facto ex-Caisse: LLS, Valverde*, Bertie etc.

30,000 Spaniards turned up to see Alonso TEST a Ferrari. I suspect 30,000 Spaniards don't know who Bertie is!

*if available

Strava is not Zen.

Comments

• hes started riding the same TT frame as me.

I hate copy cats

Word
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Makes a lot of sense for Santander, certainly.
  • Quick Step DS recently said that he was 'certain' Contador will be there in 2011. We'll see. An Alonso team with Contador, Valv, LLS, and Joaquim others would be great.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    they could have manilo saiz as ds, he wants back into cycling doesnt he?
  • Quick Step DS recently said that he was 'certain' Contador will be there in 2011. We'll see. An Alonso team with Contador, Valv, LLS, and Joaquim others would be great.

If theyd all work together it would be a dream team, but thats 4 leaders just there. how would that work with individual aspiration?

Church
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    The safe money is on Contador going to QS I'd say.

Alonso may earn a lot but not enough to not mind forking out a few million every year.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    The safe money is on Contador going to QS I'd say.

Alonso may earn a lot but not enough to not mind forking out a few million every year.

Surely it would be Santander doing the forking out.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    30,000 Spaniards turned up to see Alonso TEST a Ferrari. I suspect 30,000 Spaniards don't know who Bertie is!

Well, all the other teams were there too, it's not just like it was Alonsa pootling round and I think Contandor is pretty popular in Spain.
  • Just in case any one missed this:
    contadorsaddle-algarve10-1.jpg
    and this:
    contador%2Bmenage%2Bt-shirt.jpg
    Bertie needs help with his marketing :shock: :?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    That's FF on Bertie's left I assume? :wink:
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    andyp wrote:
    That's FF on Bertie's left I assume? :wink:

no - i suspect he is a little lower off the picture......... :o
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    camerone wrote:
    they could have manilo saiz as ds, he wants back into cycling doesnt he?

I imagine he'll be too busy with his team of Iranians, innit.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    edited February 2010
    What a tool!

It's funny that Boonen's not in the pic b/c he was at Mahiki that night too. My hazy memory is that he was with Prince Harry in the loo with some crumpled up tin foil.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    What a tool!

It's funny that Boonen's not in the pick b/c he was at Mahiki that night too. My hazy memory tho is that Prince Harry was with him in the loo with some crumped up tin foil.
    Just showing him how to do a makeshift repair on a split tyrewall,I'm sure :D
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Litlle children are on this forum.

As for that T-shirt, it is photo-shopped.

As for the Saddle...I'm guessing you guys would prefer an all black one like black socks and shoes...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I'm skeptical but this would be amazing. If he gets COntador on board, sponsors will follow.