Quick pedal question

furrag
furrag Posts: 481
edited February 2010 in Road beginners
My new bike has the Look Keo Easy clipless pedals.

I assume that in order to have compatibility, I need to buy Delta cleats and cycling shoes which have the 3 triangular holes to hold delta cleats?

Comments

• balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Delta cleats are for the old LOOK pedal design: Keo use different cleats. The fixing to the shoe is the same 3 hole pattern, however.
  • taz3611
    taz3611 Posts: 172
    I also use Look Keo pedals. You need to buy shoes that have the 3 hole standard road pattern for the cleat bolts but the Look Delta and Keo cleats are different to each other. I think I'm right in saying that the only cleats that will work with your pedals are Look Keo cleats. The new Keo cleats with rubber added to a few locations on the bottom make walking easier, especially on hard surfaces. Cleat covers can also be purchased if a bit more walking is required.
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    as mentioned you need Look Keo cleats. Deltas will not fit. You can go for any of the 3 colours black/grey/red depending upon degrees of float (or movement) you want.

I've got old and new style cleats. The new ones with rubber are easier to walk in but harder imo to get in and out of the pedals. I got my old ones with the covers as mentioned (they were selling them cheaper) because they were 'an old design' :D
  • cleat covers are a must in my opinion if you want long life from your cleats. The rubber bits are easily mashed
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • furrag
    furrag Posts: 481
    Fantastic - thanks for the info guys.

I've avoided anything other than flats for the past 8 years, and avoided clipless in all that time, maintaining a blissful ignorance about them. I decided to take the plunge, and as a result got myself a pair of Diadora Team Racers, and some Look Keo cleats & covers.

Thanks once again!