Black park race 14 March

simski81
simski81 Posts: 29
edited March 2010 in XC and Enduro
Anyone raced here before? What is the course like?

Anyone planning to go next month? I am assuming it will be a little smaller scale than the Gorrick spring series?

Thanks

Comments

• It is not too different to a Gorrick course. As Black Park is pretty flat so not as technical as a normal Gorrick, but due to the lack of downhills there is no chance of a breather so it is just as hard :)

I raced it last year on a single speed, and just remember lots of twisty flat fun singletrack. I would be racing it this year, but we can't get anyone to look after the kids, and my wife is keen to race it this time.
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    Heres the press release:

West Drayton Mountain Bike Club (WDMBC), one of the UK’s biggest mountain bike clubs, will once again be organizing its annual Black Park XC race on
    14 March 2010. Beyond Mountain Bikes in Cranleigh have stepped in as lead sponsor and will be providing prizes for those quick and skilful enough to make the podium.

Chris Denman, former Southern XC champ and WDMBC chairman said, “The Black Park race is a great season opener and will give racers an early indication of how their winter training has gone. As usual we’re planning a short tight twisty singletrack course which requires good bike handling skills and finesse to ride at speed. Having said that, there’s not much in the way of climbing and there will be categories to suit all abilities.”

Race sponsor, Jackie Roberts of Beyond Mountain Bikes in Cranleigh, Surrey said, “The Black Park event is grass roots racing at its best. Whether you are a complete beginner, a weekend warrior or a hardened racer, this event has something for you. This is exactly the sort of event that Beyond Mountain Bikes like to sponsor and we are excited about being involved in 2010.”

In addition to sponsorship from Beyond Mountain Bikes, the Womens’ categories will be supported by Dirt Divas who will be providing vouchers for their excellent skills courses. The online energy and nutrition supplier, The Feed Station, will also be providing a selection of its products as prizes.

In an effort to provide categories for all abilities and ages there will be U10s, U12s, U14s and U16 youth races held in addition to Beginner, Fun, Singlespeed, Open, Vet and Grand Vet categories.

Online entry is available through www.xcracer.com

Anyone interested in learning more about WDMBC should visit www.wdmbc.co.uk or email Chris Denman at chris@westdraytonmbc.co.uk

Should be a cracking event, get your entry in soon though :)

Si
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • Flat, but very fast and twisty. One of my favourite events last year. Will be beack again there this year.
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Oh cool, I'll have a bash at that as well. Its my birthday that day and should have some new forks at long last! Oh the joy!
  • Langers
    Langers Posts: 95
    You get a 20 second head-start if it's your birthday.
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Ha! 20sec! I'll need at least 20min if I stand any chance of not being last :-)